Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-11-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
jbl_91762

Newport 11/11

Have not had a chance to fish in a while and was excited just to be on the water. Bummed bait barge is gone and Im sure it would have helped the fishing. But super dead out there, threw 3" swim baits for some nibbles and landed one spottie. Other fisherman was not successful either, I started following a tide chart and it did mention it would be slow but I've never followed it before. Anyhow it says starting next Thur thru Sun it will be very good fishing due to the moon.
jbl_91762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
ultimatejay

My son and I had a good day out there today, beautiful weather but had big swells in the morning and not much current. Caught one Bonita, tons of mackerel, one whitefish and several dozen bass, most were small but had a few keepers- Calicos, Sand and Spotted. Inside the harbor was real slow only got 8 small bass.
Attached Images

ultimatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #3
Orca Winfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatejay View Post
My son and I had a good day out there today, beautiful weather but had big swells in the morning and not much current. Caught one Bonita, tons of mackerel, one whitefish and several dozen bass, most were small but had a few keepers- Calicos, Sand and Spotted. Inside the harbor was real slow only got 8 small bass.
Nice job with the boy.
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
Orca Winfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
Have not had a chance to fish in a while and was excited just to be on the water. Bummed bait barge is gone and Im sure it would have helped the fishing. But super dead out there, threw 3" swim baits for some nibbles and landed one spottie. Other fisherman was not successful either, I started following a tide chart and it did mention it would be slow but I've never followed it before. Anyhow it says starting next Thur thru Sun it will be very good fishing due to the moon.
At least you had some action. It’s weird that sometimes NPH can be really dead and full action at other times. Was the tide slack?
Orca Winfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
StumpFisher

We made it out today as well, my youngest boys turn this time. Had to work for 'em in the harbor and indeed was slow as everyone mentioned. We did scrape a total of 10 with the bass trifecta (6 spots, 1 sandy, 1 calico), 1 small sculpin and one short hali. My little guy had a blast though!
Attached Images

StumpFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
dorado123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
nice talking to you at parking lot ...we could team up next time
dorado123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
Hamachijohn

Kids on fish...the best fishing reports. Good job dad!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Hamachijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:21 AM   #8
Denis_Ruso

Think I saw you guys that morning. Blue Hobie fishing where the bait dock used to be.

Slow day for me, went 0-1 on a spottie off a piling. Really slow day inside the harbor for me.

I do not fear the storm as it will teach me how to sail my ship.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote