Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #21
B Slate

Thanks to Paul, MJ and all the other stakeholders on our side. Thanks to everyone who faught the fight, wrote letters, informed others and came to meetings. We got screwed but if we did not show up the only place we would be able to fish would be Piers and military zones.
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #22
so cal shaggy

Thank you

Paul, it is we that all say thank you to you. You agreed to participate in a process that you knew would be difficult and no way to win but instead best case scenario we would still be able to fish some areas. I would also like to thank all of the rest of you. I forgot how tightly knit the kayak fishing community was. You all make me proud to be able to share the waters with all of you. You all have my eternal gratitude and the gratitude of the spearfishing community as well. We stood together shoulder to shoulder, kept each other motivated assisted each other even if we did not use the area that needed help and above all we never allowed wedges to be driven between our two groups. There were attempts in some of the shapes to sway some groups to adopt a certain shape in a specific area but they could not make us sell out each other. We now need to take some time to relax and lick our wounds. We should try to organize a joint kayak/spearo get together at either a beach location or other venue. Nothing specific just a gathering of the two groups to share stories, introduce each other to the others activity and just share the ocean together.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
zenspearo

Paul,

I echo everyone in saying that you are a real hero in all this. Thank you for your tireless work and more importantly, guidance and strategizing.

I will go so far as to say that all of SoCal fishermen and specifically all of San Diego fishermen from all communities owe you a huge "THANK YOU". Don't want to embarrass you but it is what it is. An outsider sometimes has a better view of things than people from the inside.

You brought visibility and a huge amount of respect to the small kayakfishing clan. Spearos, H/L, bloodydeckers, and commercials are all in awe of you and your band of kayakfishermen in this fight.

Thank you again Paul.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #24
brandonplum
Junior

I don't think civil disobedience will do it, but I'll start there. Also, remember to write to your elected officials and let them know that you'll be voting against them because they failed to protect our rights.

I've taken three oaths in my life. One I reaffirm every Sunday at church. I'm a Lutheran and I believe in Jesus. Second, I have an oath to my wife, which I've upheld for 13 years and hope to uphold for 13 more at least. And finally, as a Soldier, I've sworn to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

If only our elected officials would uphold the Constitution as well. Get ready for the continuing onslaught of degradation of your civil rights. Guns, hunting, any outdoor activities other than bird watching, anything that burns gasoline in the environment, anything that contributes to global warming.

Our fishing areas are only a small part of the changes that are occurring around us. At some point, we as outdoorsmen and women need to band together. Hunters, hikers, motorcyclists, anyone who does not believe in total preservation of resources needs to, MUST, band together. Otherwise, they will know us off one hobby at a time.

We need to think mid term elections and let the government know that we are interested and are willing to make a stand.

We need a coalition of groups to support each other. Without a significant number of voters we have no power.

Anyhow, let me know where to protest. Please don't hate me for the bit of soapbox bs at the start there.
brandonplum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:01 PM   #25
yakrider

thank YOU Paul and MJ for all you have done for us!
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote