Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #1
THE DARKHORSE

November...

November reminds me of my twentieth birthday. It's just far enough from Summer to feel like Winter, but depending on the season...not even close. Maybe that's just the way I think of that time in my life, now. I'm sure we all remember being nineteen: You think you've got it all figured out, you've got your drivers license, maybe even your own car, graduated from high school...but still a freakin' teenager.

Then we turn twenty, oh man, those awkward pimply days are disappearing in the rear view mirror, quickly. From the perspective of a twenty year old, graduating from your teen years is an achievement in itself. Then again, besides no longer being a teenager what the hell's the difference?

Not that going to clubs full of the drinking and mischievous debauchery, along with all forms of temptation is the goal in life. But when you're twenty, yearning for the day you turn twenty-one...seems like an eternity! You might as well be seventeen again, time stands still. I can only speak for myself, but that was the longest year of my life. Man, what I would do to go back when the time seemed to crawl. Those were the days!

Most people around this time in life are thinking about furthering their education, if not already on the fast-track. Rightfully so. The movers and shakers of the future are half way to their bachelors degree by then, if not already thinking about graduate school. And let's hope by this time you've got an idea of what in the hell you're going to do for the rest of your life. If you don't take this time in your life seriously, you might end up wearing a blue shirt that says "MPA's Work". Or worse, end up as a fishing guide on the West Coast with your future in the hands of an obviously bias, bought and sold jury.

I think the statistics show many of us change careers a few times in life. Some by choice and others by means of survival. On this note, many a college credit goes down the toilet in vein. I think we all take a couple psychology classes even if they're not required. They're interesting, helpful in building relations no doubt, but that fork in the road comes for most of us when we have to buckle down and meet the requirements of our major. Unfortunately, having to decide between what we find interesting and what merits are required to further our own success.

Here's to when that light goes off in your head . When you realize that blue shirt someone told you to wear, or the pseudo science you've been pumping out to the sheeple amongst you, that what you believe in is a big pile of barnyard dung. And it doesn't take someone with a college education to know that. When you realize those classes you've been taking were great for your education, maybe even helped expand your mind, but didn't effect the timeline of your career...or becoming a better person. All my posts from this day forward are for you .

To my brothers who put our differences aside and fought the good fight, united we stand!

Get out and enjoy what, without our hard work, would have surely been lost.

The same feeling you might get with a 9'3" jig-stick on a kayak, pinned to the rail on a big pissed off fish, while being towed straight into three lobster pots, hopeless...sometimes you win!

Last edited by lambadmin; 11-12-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: front page edit
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #2
Iceman
Administrator

Good stuff Josh.......I need some of that! I'll be the goof casting his 665 Seeker/heavy 6xjr at breaking fish cause it is November.

Last edited by Iceman; 11-11-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #3
ericko

NICELY SAID
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:50 PM   #4
deepdvr

Thanks for all your hard work Josh and for keeping us motivated to continue doing what we love.

Whats up with the lowrance display strategically turned out of the way while you're fighting that sucker??? That is truly impressive that you have the concentration to fight that fish, take a photo, remember to keep your finder screen out of view and land it.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
B Slate

Got to love your reports man. Well said. I'm that 19 year old just figuring out my path, but will be twenty before I know it. Thanks for fighting hard and standing proud. Can't imagine how your back must fill after fighting that with that rod
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:15 PM   #6
bigbarrels

nice is that a helicopter shot?
bigbarrels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
aftahour

awsome going on the 9ft.
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 AM   #8
j mo

Love the action shot!
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:53 AM   #9
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post
Whats up with the lowrance display strategically turned out of the way while you're fighting that sucker??? That is truly impressive that you have the concentration to fight that fish, take a photo, remember to keep your finder screen out of view and land it.
Maybe he didn't want u to see the kelp he was snagged in?

Nice one!! the helicopter shot is the best!!! but now we all know ur real secret!...u get flown out and dropped on boiling YT's !!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #10
Matt
Support your local pangas

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepdvr View Post

Not really now if he could have ashed a cigarette and been drinking a beer too......NOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN IMPRESSIVE!!
Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #11
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

"Sheeple"? Great new word! It describes a lot of folks I know.

One of the biggest problems in our society today is that too many people, (sheeple), blindly follow the crowd, without bothering to turn their brains on and ask what might be the most important question of all time. "Is this reasonable?"

I suggest to you that if this question were asked by more people on a regular basis, life for everyone and every thing on this planet would be significantly better. Sadly, there are many forces that can entice otherwise reasonable people to stray from the proper path. Religion, politics, ignorance, and greed are the usual suspects. We saw some of those forces at work during the MLPA process. It was very frustrating to watch.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #12
NextBite

Josh your the Man!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #13
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

They're on their way.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #14
TCS

So when do we turn 21?

Also, from the pictures and what I've been hearing November has been pretty damn good so far.

Thanks for the good post.

Last edited by TCS; 11-12-2009 at 04:25 PM.
TCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
fishpatrol
Junior

right on ....give thanks
fishpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #16
Sherm

I think I need to quit buggin and get on the water for some YT. I'm almost out in the freezer. Great photos and fish Josh.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #17
Afran
fishy

I like where this is going
Winter YTs
Old 11-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #18
467echo
Rookie of the Month Club

been a rough few months, thanks for the motivation Josh. I'm all loaded up and ready to shove off in the a.m!
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #19
yakrider

very nice!!!!

at least all that college education paid off with some well written posts...
well worth the the effort!
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
bellcon

way to go Josh

Last edited by bellcon; 11-18-2009 at 05:32 PM. Reason: didnt sound right :)
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote