Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2009, 08:57 AM   #1
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

LA MLPA Speaker of the Day Award...

I think it should go to the old lady from Laguna who threw her husband under the bus...

She walks up, wearing a Reserve Laguna button, and proceeds to claim that her husband is a kayak fisherman, and that she is all for the Laguna closures, and that her husband will just have to paddle further out.

Now let's look at the validity of this...

In guessing her age, my mom's a young 70 years, and old Reserve Laguna Lady (henceforth ORLL) looks a bit older than my mom, so let's add 1 dog year to estimate her age.

Now, assuming that ORLL is approximately 77 years old, is not as hot as Raquel Welch (it's ok ORLL, you're still hot), and didn't look loaded like a Hilton, we can thus assume that realistically her husband is at least her age if not older, since most men like younger women and when younger men do go after older women, they are usually smokin' hot and/or loaded.

So let's add 1 dog year to estimate his age.

So we are to believe that ORLL's husband, Mr. ORLL, is approximately 84 years old, which would make him the oldest kayak fisherman, and ORLL has no problem with her approximately 84 year old husband paddling 3 miles out to go kayak fishing...

I can only come to these conclusions to actually believe her;

1. Mr. ORLL is a stud and I'd like to paddle with him, maybe even get
Cucamonga Keith to do a documentary about him.
2. My age assumptions may be a tad off.
3. She's after his Life Insurance policy.
4. Mr. ORLL is really Clark Kent.
5. There's a new Super Geritol on the market.

ORLL, please bring your husband to the next MLPA meeting, we kayakers would love to meet him...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 AM   #2
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

That women was unreal. Her poor husband, does he know how she threw him under the bus?

Does anyone here know who he is? What did he do to deserve this, get caught with the babysitter last night .

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
SeaDog

After she spoke one of our seniors, who rep'd us well, approached her to explain the absurdity of her statements, she was totally blowing him off but I didn't get to hear the conclusion, if he's on here I'd love to know how that ended.
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:03 AM   #4
B Slate

That one was pretty funny to bad her husband was not there. There were some pretty close competitors though.

I would have to say second place would have to go woman who explained how the barracuda are bigger off of Guatemala

Or what about that guy who explained how if we don't close as much as possible we would run out of fish.
B Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
warrior

dirty look

I was sitting by the door next to the video guys right in the middle of those wacky Laguna people. After the lady came back to sit down; mistakenly I blurted out "her husband must be an Iron man" and you should have seen the looks I got.

They just want to keep out anyone that's not a Lagunian from their special club.

My vote goes to the girl who caught her 1st 3 foot Barracuda when she was in Nicaragua. I feel bad for that poor girl who's not smart enough to know she can go on a cattle boat and get another one. Hopefully she can figure out that Nicaragua needs her to clean up there more than we need her here.

OK enough being mean, back to sitting on my arse. I see the doctor today and hopefully I'll get the OK soon to get back on my yak.
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
nunyabizness1
Maggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
After she spoke one of our seniors, who rep'd us well, approached her to explain the absurdity of her statements, she was totally blowing him off but I didn't get to hear the conclusion, if he's on here I'd love to know how that ended.
I saw him confront her. She was trying to get away from him but he stuck with it following her. Good for him! That man had tears in his eyes during his speech and was wiping away tears during other's speeches. He was very emotional about the rights being taken away from Seniors. As he should be!

My thoughts when she spoke was that she must have a big life insurance policy on him if she's not worried about him paddling past 3 miles at his age. (Unless she's a cougar of some sort... but I highly doubt that!) I can't imagine a woman wanting to speak against her husband's hobby to throw him under the bus like that! I guess I should not be surprised. Very sad. If anyone knows this guy, send him my sympathies!
nunyabizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
comrad_zeelaagee

awww T-Man- when i saw this tread title i thought i was gonna get it.

is it just me, or does ken spermguzzler have a striking resemblance to the way he runs a committe to old "plugs" chuckie schumer? i hate that guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman View Post
I think it should go to the old lady from Laguna who threw her husband under the bus...

She walks up, wearing a Reserve Laguna button, and proceeds to claim that her husband is a kayak fisherman, and that she is all for the Laguna closures, and that her husband will just have to paddle further out.

Now let's look at the validity of this...

In guessing her age, my mom's a young 70 years, and old Reserve Laguna Lady (henceforth ORLL) looks a bit older than my mom, so let's add 1 dog year to estimate her age.

Now, assuming that ORLL is approximately 77 years old, is not as hot as Raquel Welch (it's ok ORLL, you're still hot), and didn't look loaded like a Hilton, we can thus assume that realistically her husband is at least her age if not older, since most men like younger women and when younger men do go after older women, they are usually smokin' hot and/or loaded.

So let's add 1 dog year to estimate his age.

So we are to believe that ORLL's husband, Mr. ORLL, is approximately 84 years old, which would make him the oldest kayak fisherman, and ORLL has no problem with her approximately 84 year old husband paddling 3 miles out to go kayak fishing...

I can only come to these conclusions to actually believe her;

1. Mr. ORLL is a stud and I'd like to paddle with him, maybe even get
Cucamonga Keith to do a documentary about him.
2. My age assumptions may be a tad off.
3. She's after his Life Insurance policy.
4. Mr. ORLL is really Clark Kent.
5. There's a new Super Geritol on the market.

ORLL, please bring your husband to the next MLPA meeting, we kayakers would love to meet him...
comrad_zeelaagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM   #8
LipYanker
Have rods, will travel!

Did anyone else notice that during the 30 second time limits Ken let the "conservationists" run way over the limit but cut the fishermen off nearly every time?
Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
comrad_zeelaagee

yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by LipYanker View Post
Did anyone else notice that during the 30 second time limits Ken let the "conservationists" run way over the limit but cut the fishermen off nearly every time?
comrad_zeelaagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #10
zenspearo

The "old" guy that was arguing for central Laguna access is halibutmike on Spearboard, a phenomenal waterman and still very active. He had tears in his eyes pleading for access that he can negotiate at his age. 2000 steps won't help him or kayakfishermen--we need beach-level access and safe launches/swim-out spots.

This is something we spearos are very concerned about in Laguna as well since without good shore access, many of us will be locked out.

Thanks all again for your effort.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #11
Iparker
Junior

Commenting further on what Zenspearo's said, the way maps 1 and 3 are currently drawn for Laguna, they take approximately 7 miles of a 13.5 mile stretch between Newport and Dana. This is effectively more than 50% because the best visbility, public stair access, shore fishing and lobster areas are within that 7 mile closure. The larger of those two maps goes even further and extends to what appeared to be city limits at Three Arch Bay. This larger map leaves no stair access in Laguna and the lesser of the two evil map provides two remaining staircases, one of which is 1000 steps. Furthermore, both of these maps cover our two safe harbor kayak access points, resulting in a decent trek to get outside of the closure, particularly the larger closure which I think was #3. And more one thing, as you probably noticed, there was large push to include all of Laguna by including south Laguna as well. This is partially because many of the pro-closure people reside in South Laguna and West Street and Thousand Steps are straight down from their homes. Needless to say, it is puzzling how either of Maps 1 and 3 represent cross-interest support in Laguna by taking away almost all access to a public resource.
Iparker is offline   Reply With Quote