Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2014, 04:55 PM   #21
Nic D

thank God for Dreamers!

congrats

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:13 AM   #22
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic D View Post
thank God for Dreamers!

congrats
Nic, we all DREAM, some are just lucky enough to get help along the way to make their DREAMS come true. The BWE community helped to make PROJECT LAS ENCANTADAS possible. Thank you all, now enjoy.

Makobob

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 02-11-2014 at 10:21 AM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #23
makobob
Baitless on Baja

UPDATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic D View Post
thank God for Dreamers!

congrats
18 Months Later

Just got back from Gonzaga, Robmoney and Carlos (lives for thrills) and myself spent the weekend at our place in Gonzaga.
This is NOT a fish report, that might come later. This is about DREAMS coming true. In this case, mine. I now hold the lease on my old property. For those who have gone down with me, Standing in front of Robs and my place facing the ocean, Lupes house is on your right (where we shower) and on the right of that is my new/old place from 20 years ago. Going back in September and will somehow get pictures to post at that time. Hopefully it will be ready to open by the NEW YEAR. It would be nice to DEDICATE it on NEW YEARS 2016. It is twice as large as Rob's and my current place, which we would keep for ourselves.

The lease covers a 8,000 SqFt lot with a 24 x 32 foot garage/house, a 16 x 32 concrete pad which will hold, to be built, a double bath, and two septic tanks, with the rest of the pad to be covered with shade cloth for now. Just a large outside covered living area for now. Parking for 7-8 trucks and room for tents too.

I will retain, work on and improve the lot and use it for BAJA or BUST trips and I will pay the yearly lease. This NEW place is for OUR BWE FAMILY to use. My DESIRE is to DONATE the property to the BWE COMMUNITY when I pass. When I am gone the COMMUNITY will have to pay the lease each September which would be $1600 a YEAR. I am confident our community could figure a way to make this happen. When I croak as all WSB do, it will belong to our community, this is my GIFT to all of you. Remember water is very scarce in Baja so there will be a per person charge for shower/toilet water. It should be $10 a week per person. Water is brought in, it is brackish, not to drink and runs about $25-30 to fill our tank.

BTW there is a Resturant 300-400 feet away with a couple of good cooks, also an out of work Capt there with a with a panga who will take 4-5 guys fishing for a day for $200. He will also take you and your yaks to the island there and drop you off and pick you the same day or the following following afternoon for the same price, yes an overnight trip to the island for $200. The Capt is out of work because the government has closed everything from San Felipe to Punta Final to commercial net fishing for at least two years.

DREAMS can and do come true, sometimes it just takes years for it to happen, THANK you for helping mine come true. This MIGHT be the end of the story but I doubt it.
COMMUNITY members can contact me for further details. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 09-21-2015 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #24
FISH11

Congrats Bob in having your dreams come true. First the new truck and now your old / new place. I'm sure you'll get a lot of help from the BWE community. Tight Lines, Mark.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:38 AM   #25
HobieScot

Congrats Makobob! Your story is truly inspirational!

I too have dreamt of acquiring a place in Baja ever since my first trips to Camalu and San Quintin. I have spent many hours day dreaming at work about how to make it happen. I look forward to seeing your dream unfold and hope to be able to learn from your experience and hopefully do the same someday!

Thank you for sharing your dream with all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HobieScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 04:58 AM   #26
Chuck D

Thats really special Bob, can't wait to come on down and check out the new place. All the best!
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 05:23 AM   #27
DanaPT

Bob- that is awesome stuff and very unselfish of you. Look forward to helping you live out your "dream" and (selfishly) fulfill a dream of my own before I "croak".

Look forward to meeting you and learning more about your awesome pad in MEX.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:59 AM   #28
taggermike

Great post Bob. It did take some karma and perhaps luck to get you Baja project going but you did have the idea and laid some ground work long ago. Building net works of like minds got you going again. The Mexican dept of Tourism should put you on payroll for all the work you do introducing people to Baja. With your places agacent like that you'll have a big bodega n fishing compound. I love that Bufeo/Gonzaga area and need to get down there with you. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:42 AM   #29
ful-rac
Emperor

Thank you Bob!

Old 08-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #30
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
the government has closed everything from San Felipe to Punta Final to commercial net fishing for at least two years.
And yet there is still netting going on w/in Gonzaga Bay itself. Maybe its just sport netting.

Good work Bob. Youre 1 of a kind.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:46 AM   #31
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Thanks to each and every one of you who have supported me and Baja or Bust over the last couple of years. Also a great big thank you to OEX and crew.
Such a fantastic community, Andy and Adi you guys have done a great job and we ALL thank and appreciate what you do for our Community. Your support of Heroes on the Water has been a life saver.

It appears that others in our community have similar dreams, if I can help, just let me know. Again I thank you all. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-24-2015, 10:57 AM   #32
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Thank you Bob!

Tony, You sir are very welcome. When are you coming back down? We need to do it again. SOOOOOOON.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-24-2015, 11:36 AM   #33
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Tony, You sir are very welcome. When are you coming back down? We need to do it again. SOOOOOOON.
I'll be back down for sure...when is the question...

Hopefully sooner rather than later.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:32 AM   #34
walrus

Let's go! Counting the days.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #35
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by walrus View Post
Let's go! Counting the days.
Wally, you and your brothers are only TWO WEEKS away. Going to be another great trip. See you soon.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN