Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
deepdvr

A very funny read - latest WON - 'Etiquette Class' - page 26

This is the most ironic and hypocritical article I've ever read in my life. Of all the people to be authoring an 'etiquette class', Greg Trompas...aka 'Angry Skiff Guy'?????

Here are some excerpts: "With all that time on the water, he's got some great observations on etiquette. And, mainly, what not to do....he's really just looking for anglers to respect other anglers"

Well, no doubting he's the authority on what not to do.

Last time he respected me by driving right over my left side while I was mid-retrieve on my surface iron and then slid just past and sent his cast directly over my line. We all ended up with fish so I didn't go postal on him but him authoring an article on this topic????

"Bottom line, look and think about what you are doing and treat others like you would like to be treated."

That pretty much sums it up for me. Can't wait to see him on the water.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
Dan

I'll have to pick that one up. I've never had any problems with Greg whether I'm on my skiff or kayak.

I know one thing's for sure, I've never seen anyone more dialed in to la jolla (or wherever is biting) than that guy.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
lamb

I haven't read the article - it looks like this is the on-line intro for it

http://www.wonews.com/blog.aspx?ID=1041

I don't personally know Greg Trompas, but I know the name. He's one of the guys who puts some time out there... With that said, I'd think he'd be the last one you'd need to worry about. The trouble will much more likely come from the guys that don't really know what they're doing.