Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
Jim Sammons LJKF

Urgent message

I just got this email from Mike Lum of the Fred Halls shows and told him I would spread the word. I will be out of the country at the time of this event but I have donated a guided trip for two persons to the cause.
Help if you can.

THE FUTURE OF FISHING IN CALIFORNIA DEPENDS ON US! YOU ALREADY KNOW THE STORY. fficeffice" />>>
>>
LAWSUITS HAVE BEEN FILED CHALLENGING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PENDING OCEAN CLOSURES. THESE SUITS ARE ON SOLID FOOTING AND HAVE ALREADY MADE SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS. THESE LEGAL ACTIONS CAN SAVE US FROM THE HORRIBLE FATE OF THESE ILL CONCEIVED CLOSERS. PLEASE, YOU CAN'T SIT BACK AND LET THE "OTHER GUYS" TAKE CARE OF IT. >>
WE NEED YOUR HELP!>>
>>
ON MAY 22ND, THERE WILL BE AN IMPORTANT DINNER IN NEWPORT BEACH. THIS "LEGAL DEFENSE" FUNDRAISER IS NECESSARY TO HELP PAY FOR THE LEGAL COSTS THAT ARE MOUNTING. >>
AS WE ALL KNOW, GOOD ATTORNEYS AREN'T CHEAP! I KNOW THINGS ARE DIFFICULT OUT THERE BUT IF WE DON'T GET THESE CLOSERS STOPPED, IT WILL GET MUCH WORSE. >>
WE NEED YOUR HELP! >>
>>
DINNER TICKETS ARE $65 EACH, A TABLE OF 10 SEATS IS $550.00. IF YOU CAN ATTEND, PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL AND LET ME KNOW HOW MANY SEATS YOU WOULD LIKE TO RESERVE. I KNOW IT IS LATE NOTICE BUT THAT IS WHY THIS URGENT EMAIL MESSAGE IS BEING SENT TO YOU. MANY OF US HAVE CANCELLED EARLIER PLANS AND HAVE ROLLED UP OUR SLEEVES TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! >>
WE NEED YOUR HELP!>>
>>
VERY IMPORTANT!!!....WE NEED PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DONATED ASAP! FISHING PRODUCTS, TRIPS, GUIDED TRIPS, VINTAGE TACKLE, JEWELRY, APPAREL AND MORE ARE ALL NEEDED. SALES REPS, GET RID OF A FEW OF LAST YEARS SAMPLES! EMAIL ME WHAT YOU CAN DONATE. >>
>>
NON-FISHING RELATED PRIZES ARE NEEDED TOO. SPORTS TICKETS, CONCERT TICKETS, HOME REPAIR SERVICES, RESTAURANT GIFT CERTIFICATES, ETC. PLEASE EMAIL ME TODAY AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DONATE. >>
>>
UNITED ANGLERS OF SO CALIF (UASC), SPORTFISHING ASSOCIATION OF CALIFORNIA (SAC), KEEP AMERICA FISHING, THE AMERICAN SPORTFISHING ASSOCIATION ALONG WITH THE OTHER PSO ORGANIZATIONS NEED YOUR SUPPORT IN THIS EFFORT.>>
>>
100% OF ALL MONEY RAISED GOES DIRECTLY TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND.>>
>>
PLEASE GET INVOLVED, PLEASE LET ME KNOW THAT YOU WILL HELP BY RESPONDING TO THIS EMAIL WITH A COMMITMENT TO ATTEND THIS EVENT AND DONATE GOODS OR SERVICES. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!>>
>>
The dinner will be held at the Atrium Hotel in Newport Beach on Sunday May 22. Doors open at 4:30. Guest speakers to include Bob Fletcher, Former Director of SAC, George Osborn, Lobbyist for the Partnership for Sustainable Oceans and Gordon Robertson, VP of Government Affairs, American Sportfishing Association. Raffle, silent and live auction will be held during the event. Bring your friends, neighbors, fishing buddies. You will have a nice time, see some old friends, get the latest info on where things stand with the MLPA and HELP us raise the funds to keep the fight going. >>
>>
>>
If you have products to donate, contact me so we can make the arrangements. Or you can send product donations to:>>
>>
Fred Hall & Associates>>
c/o Legal Defense Dinner>>
4023 Camino Ranchero Unit F>>
Camarillo, CA 93012>>
>>
I'll be there on the 22nd and I hope you will too.>>
>>
Mike>>
>>
Mike Lum>>
American Sportfishing Association>>
The Fred Hall Shows>>
805 389-3339 x 6>>
951 323-6271 cell>>
mlum@fredhall.com>>
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
PAL

If you can't make it, consider donating the $65 ticket cost to www.oceanaccessprotectionfund.org - your dollars will go straight into the legal fight.

Also, your product and service donations for the cause are much appreciated.

Let's do our part!
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM   #3
tattuna

PM sent to PAL