Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 AM   #1
Sherm

Big bay butts and grumps Father's day

Met up at the bay early fathers day morning to fish with Spyder and PJ. We hit the water a little after 5am and headed out to our spot. The tide was already moving in so it was a little harder paddle than usual. Good tidal flow I hoped would translate into good light tackle fishing in the bay.

We hit our 1st spot and the tide and wind was making for a quick drift. The spotty fishing was pretty good right off the bat. My first 6 casts yielded four spotties. I had this idea that I was going to count casts and number of fish caught. I quickly lost ineterest when the fishing was good and just started to fish. We probably could have caught more fish if the wind and tide weren't pushing us past the spot fairly quickly.

We fished the same general area until the tide stopped around 9:30. I caugt a couple of hali's but they were still growing up. One of them was a shade over 21inches. Not quite big enough. Needed a few more inches before being big enough for me to think about keeping.

We caught a couple more spotties at the moored boats and landed the yaks. Jim and I hung out afterwards and handed out fliers for the up coming MLPA meetings. Hopefully some of the guys we talked to will show up at the next round.

All fish were C&R on the six pound test bass rod set up or on the 15lb bottom rig. Most were caught while casting as I missd a bunch on the bottom rig.

Baits were Gulp jerk shads and My favorite single tail grub smothered in Uni Butter.

Fish count:

15 spotties (nothing big)
2 butts (nothing legal)
1 KILLED cigar

Great day on the water with some good friends
Attached Thumbnails

Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
dadandsonkayak

i went out to the bay that day too... caught some hali.. but no legals
Old 06-22-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
NextBite