Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
jbaker

i've never kayaked havasu, but i used to have a house up there. ive spent a lot of time on the water in that area, if your looking for seclusion maybe try launching out of cattail cove on the south end of the lake,just north of the marina and on the ca side there's some nice coves and inlets. or even havasu springs resort on the ca side by the dam. have fun up there. the topock trip might be easier if you rent a pontoon boat in havasu. load the yaks up then go up river and scout the first day, camp, then paddle and fish the second day. offseason boat rentals are reasonably priced and it would be nice if any thing happens. just a thought.
jbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
cjthomas

Thanks for the advice on the spots.

Apparently there are few places that rent and shuttle kayaks for the Topocks trip. They drop you off at Topocks marina and pick you up in Havasu at castle rock. One of the companies is azwacko.com
cjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
sanomick

We've paddled up from Willow beach to the campground not to far from Hoover Dam (no permits required). It's paddling against the current, but not too bad. Get started early, get to the campground, set up then do whatever. There is a thermal pool just a short walk up the canyon for soaking your weary bones, and there is a sauna cave up-river a ways and some good sights.

We didn't fish cuz there was a lot to do, but will next time.
sanomick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM   #24
Caffeind

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Andy, if Topockapalooza becomes a reality, I want in. I've had my eye on that stretch of river for years.
Same here!
Caffeind is offline   Reply With Quote