Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Three3Divine
Junior

la jolla 10-01-09

launched around 7 paddled over to the pier to make bait lots of bait but no love for a while then meet up with chris lewis and make bait in like 5 mins haha so we paddle streight out and started to troll. A bunch of popping bait but no body home then the sea dogs started to show up and we get harassed for what seemed like forever! so we start paddling over torwards torrey pines seeing if we cant get are hands on a trophy fish, when out of no where chris and I keep seeing this huge splash and spray start to come up northwest of us about 400 yards away so I jet over to chris not knowing what the hell it is and figuaring if we together two is better that one, we both looked at each other like what the fuck is that!! At first I though it was a sub or somthing because there was what looked like black smoke coming up from all the white caps, and then we thought maybe shark or ship going down??who knows? We were both freaked out and then out of know where this huge whale comes up out of the water SPLASH! And then another and another there must have been about five of these guys and they we HUGE!! they must have been chasing food and then as quickly as we saw them they were gone chris got some of it on his phone so hopfully we can get a video, but all in all great day on the water really calm conditions, clear sky and not a whole lot of boats on the water, just wish I could have scored a yellow but maybe next time! thanks chris again for all the knowledge it was great fishing with you.

Three3Divine
Three3Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 AM   #2
Sherm

There have been a lot of blue whales offshore lately. I wonder if they have come in close as well. One blue followed a boat for about two miles yesterday.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:35 AM   #3
ratdog

I saw a huge blue whale on friday 10-25 over the canyon area, it was gowing south it was freaking gigantic, was praying it wouldn't come up under me!
ratdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Vikingj

Saw 2 of them last Mon. Quite an awesome sight!
Vikingj is offline   Reply With Quote