Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
Stoneale
Banned

Thumbs up Dana Point ~ 10-4

I am going to be launching from baby's beach tomorrow around 7am.. and plan on fishing the kelp patties out on the point. If anyone else will be out.. I will be on a Blue Malibu X-Factor.
Stoneale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
forcefed
Junior

nice to meet you out there today, thanks for yelling back at that yacht club douche bag that drove 15 ft across my bow and snaged my line...
1 bite, 0 fish, horrible conditions.
forcefed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
forefrazier

Stoneale...Can't believe you actually went out...Well, yes I can. I know the feeling of wanting to get out to try the new yak that nothing will stop you..even a crappy cold front with wind and snotty conditions. Hope you got to break her in right!
forefrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Stoneale
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
nice to meet you out there today, thanks for yelling back at that yacht club douche bag that drove 15 ft across my bow and snaged my line...
1 bite, 0 fish, horrible conditions.
Yeah.. same to you.. and not a problem yelling at those yuppies. I cannot believe how close they got to you, and then snagged your line. That has happened to me so many times.. so maybe thats why I yelled at them.

@forefrazier - I cant believe I went out either. I was on the water at 7:30am, and even at that time it was windy. I went over to the bait barge, and the Open sign was not on and I could see the guy sleeping. I tried to wake him up, but had no luck. So I ended up paddling out to the red buoy, and fished that for a while. I caught a couple small Bonito.. and a few mackerel. From there I paddled over to the green buoy. I made it about half way.. and ended up turning back because the swells were about 3-5 feet. It was insane.. The X-Factor handled them well though... I ended up going back into the harbor and fishing around there the rest of the day.

So yeah.. it was a cold, windy dark wet day on the water. I was really looking forward to fishing the kelp patties too. Well, maybe it will be better next week.

Below are a few pics I took:

Stoneale is offline   Reply With Quote