Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
bstobo
Junior

any help

hey guys new to la jolla fishing and was wondering if anyone could maybe share some tips or tricks for either halibut or yellowtail fishing. anything is appreciated
bstobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
Dannowar

use the search function.

"la jolla yellowtail" should yield about ten trillion threads
Old 09-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #3
Cbad Mike

Stop typing and start fishing.
There out there.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:46 AM   #4
jorluivil

Load kayak
Drive
Launch
Fish

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #5
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Load kayak
Drive
Launch
Fish
and repeat.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:22 PM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

You guys suck!!!! Give the guy some useful information already....

Drive to La Jolla, unload kayak, set up kayak, park truck, take a shit, launch kayak thru waves, make bait, pin bait on hook, deploy bait how ever you choose (flyline, sliding sinker, dropper loop). Get bite, wind up fish, gaff fish, place fish on game clip, paddle back to launch, land back on beach (preferably without flipping). Tell the tourists no it's not a tuna, Walk to your truck, Drive truck to the beach being extra careful not to run over anybody or get stuck in the sand, load up gear, stop at the gas station to get ice, buy something to eat for lunch, drive home, unload gear, clean gear, clean fish, drink beer, take shower, change clothes, take a nap, finish putting away gear, post fish and report BWE, but make sure that you round up the weight of the fish, for example a 15.2 pounder is 20#, a 23# is 30 pounds...etc....
Old 09-22-2014, 05:39 PM   #7
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post

Drive to La Jolla, unload kayak, set up kayak, park truck, take a shit, launch kayak thru waves, make bait, pin bait on hook, deploy bait how ever you choose (flyline, sliding sinker, dropper loop). Get bite, wind up fish, gaff fish, place fish on game clip, paddle back to launch, land back on beach (preferably without flipping). Tell the tourists no it's not a tuna, Walk to your truck, Drive truck to the beach being extra careful not to run over anybody or get stuck in the sand, load up gear, stop at the gas station to get ice, buy something to eat for lunch, drive home, unload gear, clean gear, clean fish, drink beer, take shower, change clothes, take a nap, finish putting away gear, post fish and report BWE, but make sure that you round up the weight of the fish, for example a 15.2 pounder is 20#, a 23# is 30 pounds...etc....

Come on tony really? Anyone can just pull a quote from the "Book"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61upcqrwdUL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (31.2 KB, 91 views)
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
gunghosd
Let's Do This!

Quote:

Wow, yeah, this sounds correct! But you forgot to put .....Repeat at the end

finbomb.com

Don't hate me, Just my humble opinion
Tight lines my fishing brothers
gunghosd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
EastLosYaker

You guys are brutal! I'm a new guy too and if you're on this site, your in the right place. Like Danno said, there is enough info in past threads to tell you everything you need to know. Happy hunting!
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #10
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstobo View Post
hey guys new to la jolla fishing and was wondering if anyone could maybe share some tips or tricks for either halibut or yellowtail fishing. anything is appreciated

In all seriousness, if your new to kayak fishing....do yourself a favor and get some experience before you fish la jolla. Then you might not have one of those i almost died stories right off the bat.....or one of those i lost 5000 dollars worth of equipment because i flipped....

If your new, go fish the bay for awhile. Get comfortable, get out into open water, then try a surf launch...you never know you might find out that this sport isnt for you...but if you catch on you'll be hooked! Dont worry about catching that yellowtail or that seabass on your first trip....it will come in time, if you stick with it.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #11
jorluivil

Quote:
In all seriousness, if your new to kayak fishing....do yourself a favor and get some experience before you fish la jolla. Then you might not have one of those i almost died stories right off the bat.....or one of those i lost 5000 dollars worth of equipment because i flipped....

If your new, go fish the bay for awhile. Get comfortable, get out into open water, then try a surf launch...you never know you might find out that this sport isnt for you...but if you catch on you'll be hooked! Dont worry about catching that yellowtail or that seabass on your first trip....it will come in time, if you stick with it.

I have two 'I Almost Died' stories in less than 6months and I've been kayaking since I was 2. That has to be some kind of record................maybe I'll add that to my signature line

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
octico

Oh man you guys are too funny. I have been kayaking for almost year now. I want to make sure I know shiat before i head out La Jolla, but then i am not as young and naive as I used to be.

Like everyone said search the forums ... there is a lot information on this. Just do the leg work and dig through threads.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote