Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
Drake

Dana point fishing trip Group-on ($25/5hr - $33/9hr)

Hey, anyone else going to get one?

It would be fun to get the 9 hour and try and coordinate a BWE day. Put away your paddles and peddles, grab a few brews, light cigars and fish? Let someone else handle to mess and clean up!
http://www.groupon.com/deals/dana-wh...hing?c=all&p=1

1. Drake (Neill)
Old 10-13-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
blitzburgh

I would be interested in this. It will all depend on the date. It's that time of year again.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
mtnbykr2

Dates and time please, I would be interested in two spots but more shouldn't be a problem, what boat how many peeps
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
Drake

Somewhere between november 10-13? Its a 9 hour trip, so expect early morning to late afternoon?

We have 11 hours to decide

If anyone from Southern san diego, La Jolla, PB area wants to carpool, i'll be driving and can take 3 more
Old 10-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Somewhere between november 10-13? Its a 9 hour trip, so expect early morning to late afternoon?

We have 11 hours to decide

If anyone from Southern san diego, La Jolla, PB area wants to carpool, i'll be driving and can take 3 more
Too short of notice, does this happen more often...info please, I am in Ventura, but frequent DP in the yak, November or October "11 hours to decide" ?
mtnbykr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
Drake

when would you be able to do it?
Old 10-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #7
PapaDave

Sounds like a good deal. Let me see if the grandsons/daughter want to go, for that price it's fairly reasonable to take em out.
PapaDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #8
Chuck D

Not to be a downer but just a heads-up. Me and my friend took advantage of this groupon a couple of months ago. We were put on a boat the Dana Pride with 80 other fisherman. We only went a few miles out and sat on a kelp bed holding minimal fish for the whole day. It was the first time in my I stopped fishing and went inside to watch sportscenter instead. So many tangles, amateurs and lame fish I will never do this again. Cheap price, but you definitely sacrifice the fishing adventure for it, if there is any actual fishing involved. I just wanted to go home, will never do again. Just my 2 cents.
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:58 PM   #9
fishsouthcounty

Have a few of these from the last time they offered the special...was gonna use one this sunday but they currently have 80 people booked for the Pride...gonna yak instead...key is go during the week. Today they had 30 people on the sum fun for the 3/4 and only 26 on the Pride for the halfer. Got a local yeller on the Prides 1/2 day. 10 pounder. Been doing a lot of Rockfish fishing with the recent red tides and putting almost limits on the boat the last few days. But like i said...go during the week or your gonna be bummed. 100 people on one boat is just stupid.

oh and dont do it on Tuesday as its 2for1 so its usually to crowded...boat goes 6-3ish and typically goes south to the Domes. 48 hour advanced booking is what gets ya as you dont get the best idea of how many people will be on the boat till the night before so your stuck
fishsouthcounty is offline   Reply With Quote