Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
basschaser
Junior

Cuda 350 problems?

Well I was out a while ago and my unit started restarting its self while in the mapping mode. I figured that my battery may have been running low. I just got the battery charged up and the unit is still restarting its self. It only resets while in the mapping mode. If I move the curser up down or to the right, the map moves no problems. when I move the map to the left it locks up and then reboots.

Has anyone else had a problem with their unit? Does anyone have any ideas before I pack it up and ship it off for Eagle to look at it?
basschaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
deepdvr

I don't have that model so I can't help there, but I wanted to warn you before sending a unit back to Eagle/Lowrance. Make sure you completely troubleshoot it. If you have to send it back, their turnaround is horrendous. They have had my head unit for over 2 months. I'm still waiting for my replacement.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #3
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

If I were you, I'd contact Eagle/Lowrance tech support via email, check their website. I have had questions answered by Garmin via email, that saved me sending it to them.
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
fongman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackerel View Post
I have had questions answered by Garmin via email, that saved me sending it to them.
Chris, what kind of problems were you having with your Garmin? I have a Garmin 140 and the 2nd time I took it out, it was working fine for an hour before the screen went blank and I get this "sonar failure" message. For the rest of the day it was dead. A couple of days later, I turned it on in the garage and the screen came back. I contacted Garmin and have a ticket created to return for repairs, but I am hestitant to return it.
fongman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #5
OEX
Administrator

If you need to trouble shoot, you're more than welcome to plug the head unit into one of our new transducers to make sure it's not a connection issue. Sounds like something whacky in the head unit though.
619 866-6129
OEX is offline   Reply With Quote