Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Mobsan

LJ on Wed 4/4

Anyone down to join me? I am dying to hit the kelp or maybe go for some rockfish tomorrow morning. This will be my first launch from the shores in my PA, so if I don't survive the launch or return, whomever joins me can have my PA and all it carries Not sure how choppy it is going to be, but I just can't wait any longer. Plus I have the whole day off
Mobsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Mobsan

Wrong Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobsan View Post
Anyone down to join me? I am dying to hit the kelp or maybe go for some rockfish tomorrow morning. This will be my first launch from the shores in my PA, so if I don't survive the launch or return, whomever joins me can have my PA and all it carries Not sure how choppy it is going to be, but I just can't wait any longer. Plus I have the whole day off
I suppose this is not a report and should have been put in the general discussion category. I really hope someone wants to join me. Company is always appreciated, plus I don't have a FF installed yet. Lunch is on me.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
TJones

beer?

what rockfish spot do you know of? when is your next day off ? are you free 11 / or 12 ? i am itching to go also . had to go to a work meeting today for a few hours, on my day off. ok , goodluck. what color is the PA, so i know what to look for.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Mobsan

I am gonna try and be on the water by 0600 and may be coming in when you are launching depending on how things go. I have an olive PA and will be wearing a red Hobie jacket. Basically just look for the guy out there with nice gear that doesn't know WTH he is doing Without a FF I predict I may have a tough time finding a good rockfish spot. I need to get a Color GPS FF ASAP! In the mean time I should throw my X50-DS back on. Yes, beer falls under the category of lunch
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
Pocoloco

Pfd...........surfs up
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
TJones

how has the surf been?

surf in a PA? . hope you did well. if you got any hot intel on the bite keep me posted. i would like to try and get soon
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Mobsan

Well I didnt wake up at 0430 as planned. Hit the water around 0800 just messed around for a bit and headed toward a party boat and another small boat. Didnt make bait until i headed back toward the shallow kelp. Not having a FF made it a little harder. Didn't get any get anything but didn't lose anything either. I took off my reels and stored the rods when I came in cause it was ugly. I rolled as predicted and even had a little trouble on the launch. Oh yeah, some turd stole my Cliff bars off my yak when I went to park my truck or maybe it was those flying rats. Anyway, I only had a cup of coffee for breakfast so I threw in the towel early cause I was starving. Overall, it was pretty nice and I love my PA. Just need a fish now
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #8
Papasledge
Junior

How did the PA handle getting surf......I know you flipped but what would you do different if any
Papasledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #9
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasledge View Post
How did the PA handle getting surf......I know you flipped but what would you do different if any
Some of us have found that coming in backwards makes life much easier on a PA. When a wave picks up, we charge at it, then keep going backwards.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #10
Pocoloco

i've put off taking my pa out to la jolla because its squirrly in swells/ surf. My outback handles better and is alot lighter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Some of us have found that coming in backwards makes life much easier on a PA. When a wave picks up, we charge at it, then keep going backwards.
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote