Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #1
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Post your DINGBAT Fishing moments

ding·bat (dĭng′băt′)
n.Slang An empty-headed or silly person.

1. Driving from Oceanside headed to la jolla hit Solana beach and realized I didn't have the seat for the PA. Actually thought about how difficult it would be with out it lol. Grrrrrr U TURRRRNN.

2. Fishing a slack tide in Carlsbad lagoon the very back. Was excited about fishing, i usually check before i get out. I hopped out of the kayak and sank into the mud up to my chest. Everytime I moved sank more. My buddy was with me, he couldn't pull me out, his boat was moving, broke a paddle trying to pull me. Im there stuck in the mud, my pants are coming down from the suction from trying to pull me out. The Only thing that was going through my mind was( my pants are coming down and they are gonna have to use a helicopter to get me out of here. As soon as they pull me up, my BUTT is gonna be all over the news and facebook! with all that mud. Once it gets on the internet its not mud anymore) Well the rubber boots I had on were holding me in. I lost a great pair of boots that day. Thankful the tide wasn't coming in.

3. Went back to cast, and hooked the rubber coating on my phone. cast it right in the drink. What are the freaking odds.

4. Got stuck pulled as hard as i could to break the line and the weight comes flying out and smacks me in the head. Almost fell out of the yak.
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Caddiyak PA14
ChristLike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
Fishwhisperer619

Went to a lake with my PA that only allowed sit IN kayaks...... Pissed
Fishwhisperer619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
momo fish

Lol. Too funny. Can I come fish with you ? I will stay 20 yards away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:10 AM   #4
Big Wave Dave

I want to fish with you Bro, it woukld make me feel better about all of the stupid things I do.
Big Wave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:09 AM   #5
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

1.First kayak and first time ever on the water. Feel free gemini tandem, me sitting in the back seat with all my gear in the front seat. Started taking on water and decided I was gonna get familiar with this "surf landing" everyone is talking about. Paddled over to corona del mar tide pools with 6' breakers crashing on the beach. Got flipped and slammed pretty good coming in. Gathered my gear, minus a new promar net, and re situated my gear on the yak so I wasn't putting all my weight in the back, which was the cause of me taking on the water. Tried to get out several times through the huge sets of waves with no luck. A nice man that helped me gather my gear for the 3rd time, told me there was no way I was getting past that surf and ifi needed help up the 14 thousand fucking stares I had to conquer, then he had a truck that I could load into and drive me back to Newport Harbor. I was beaten, bruised, embarrassed, exhausted, we got up the hill and he drove me back to the harbor. I cant believe I ever went out on a second trip. First trip was the most horrible experience.

2. Caught a nice butt with no gaff or game clip on me. Gilled it into my lap and it almost bit my nutts off

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:21 AM   #6
Endlers

Was fishing last month on my birthday the 26th, I went fishing at sunset cliffs. I walked down the side of the cliff to a patch where i could drain the lizard so to speak. Slipped slammed my pinky toe and the one next to it into the side of the cliff thought nothing of it but the pain was pretty bad. Got up walked back up the cliff a little bit the next thing i got 2 guys standing over me im lying on my back. my toes REALLY hurt now. and they are asking me if i am ok.

I passed out .. had a small seisure, and woke up with 2 broken toes.

proceeded to change cloths lucky i had a change in my car. and fished for 2 more hours on my broken toes.
Endlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:37 AM   #7
Carp
(⌐■_■)--︻╦╤─ - - -

Years back, I was out fishing in Miami (first time in the salt) hooked up and landed a nice dodo while holding the fish up for a photo the fish flopped tailing me in the nuts. The fish and I go off the back of the boat losing the fish and chipping my elbow on something. I still have the chip floating around under my skin.

Last year out bass fishing in Texas made a joked about getting a spinner bait caught on my ear. The next cast my buddy buries a treble behind my ear.
Old 03-31-2014, 09:47 AM   #8
momo fish

Post your DINGBAT Fishing moments

Have a few just embarrassed as hell. Here is one. Last year was camping at Dana point and decided to take a friend out it first time on my stealth through surf. He was military so figured it was safe. He sat in front and me in back so I could push him out. Made it out somewhat ok but the landing was another story. I failed to close the drain plug and inside was filling with water. As I'm coming back waves pick up so I decided to jump off right near breaker and while he paddles. I swim to reduce weight and stop taking on water.

Well as I go to slide off the kayak my shorts get caught in one of the things that you tie the bungee cords to. I was dangling off the side even though it ripped half my shorts off I somehow was still stuck backwards in the water. The kayak flips much to the amusement of my wife, kids and a 1,000 beach goers. The military guy freed me by ripping my shorts off. We washed on the beach with just my undies. Fun day!

Old 03-31-2014, 10:04 AM   #9
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Have a few just embarrassed as hell. Here is one. Last year was camping at Dana point and decided to take a friend out it first time on my stealth through surf. He was military so figured it was safe. He sat in front and me in back so I could push him out. Made it out somewhat ok but the landing was another story. I failed to close the drain plug and inside was filling with water. As I'm coming back waves pick up so I decided to jump off right near breaker and while he paddles. I swim to reduce weight and stop taking on water.

Well as I go to slide off the kayak my shorts get caught in one of the things that you tie the bungee cords to. I was dangling off the side even though it ripped half my shorts off I somehow was still stuck backwards in the water. The kayak flips much to the amusement of my wife, kids and a 1,000 beach goers. The military guy freed me by ripping my shorts off. We washed on the beach with just my undies. Fun day!

you wear undies under your swim shorts. That is embarrassing

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #10
momo fish

Yup. Pinkies with love ❤️. Lol

Old 03-31-2014, 10:22 AM   #11
jorluivil

Driving in rush hour traffic from Downey to Cabrillo only to find out that I forgot my mirage drive. Had to go old school and use the paddle

asking Matt to borrow his spool of mono because I forgot mine and dropping that spool of mono in the water, I didn't realize I had dropped it until Matt asked for it about 30minutes later. Fortunately, I had enough line for my rigs, can't remember what Matt ended up using but the rest of my day went well

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:21 AM   #12
Fishwhisperer619

While at lake mead this 2 weekends ago my gf and her friend thought it would be funny if they hijacked my kayak so they both hopped on my pa14 and proceeded off with it. Had I known they would do something like that I wouldve tied all my rods down. They end up flipping it and I lose 4 rods. Revo premier, revo toro, new silver curado, and a cardiff all on various st croix rods. Almost ruined the trip for me but was able to recover most of it at fred hall yesterday. A
Old 03-31-2014, 10:23 AM   #13
Endlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwhisperer619 View Post
While at lake mead this 2 weekends ago my gf and her friend thought it would be funny if they hijacked my kayak so they both hopped on my pa14 and proceeded off with it. Had I known they would do something like that I wouldve tied all my rods down. They end up flipping it and I lose 4 rods. Revo premier, revo toro, new silver curado, and a cardiff all on various st croix rods. Almost ruined the trip for me but was able to recover most of it at fred hall yesterday. A

when is her funeral planned?
Endlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #14
octico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishwhisperer619 View Post
I almost believed this one ...
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:27 AM   #15
Fishwhisperer619

Quote:
Originally Posted by octico View Post
I almost believed this one ...
Suggesting what?
Check my lake mead help thread
Old 04-01-2014, 10:45 AM   #16
janines.fishtales@cox.net

It was a foggy day in the bay...

You know you guys have it so Ez. When you have to pee, you just unzip and let him rip! It has always been a challenge for me to pee from the yak. So it was really foggy that day, and I really had to go. Of course it was cold so I had on my neoprene waders on. So after mustering up the courage to pull them down, no ez task on a Revo, and after looking all around me numerous times, I manage to get the waders down, and just as I squat over the mirage drive hole, my big white ass flapping in the wind, HOOOOOONNNNKKK, HOOONNNNKKK!!! goes the big gray navy ship! At least they waved to me!

Janine

Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #17
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post
You know you guys have it so Ez. When you have to pee, you just unzip and let him rip! It has always been a challenge for me to pee from the yak. So it was really foggy that day, and I really had to go. Of course it was cold so I had on my neoprene waders on. So after mustering up the courage to pull them down, no ez task on a Revo, and after looking all around me numerous times, I manage to get the waders down, and just as I squat over the mirage drive hole, my big white ass flapping in the wind, HOOOOOONNNNKKK, HOOONNNNKKK!!! goes the big gray navy ship! At least they waved to me!

Janine

OHHHHH NNNONNOOOOOO!!!!!!! !
Old 04-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #18
Dannowar

Lol
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 PM   #19
ChristLike
Catch and Release(#2)

Here ya go Janine, the m and F hobiewan's, no more waving the white flag to the destroyers lol. run the hose down the leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by janines.fishtales@cox.net View Post

Janine

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

Caddiyak PA14
ChristLike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
Amish Ed

This was embarrassing, but could've gone real bad...
I was at Baby Beach in DP waiting for Landwhale. He called to say he was running really late. So, I decided to pack up my gear and go get breakfast. I went up Golden Lantern, turned onto PCH, and when I slowed down to pull into McDonalds my kayak shot off the roof racks. Turns out I had forgot to retie down my kayak. Talk about the loading of shame. Plus, I got a dent in my hood and beveled the nose of the yak. Needless to say, I'm kinda paranoid about my kayak falling off now, and this happened years ago.