Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
SESSAGAFF

FREE 3 FOOT SESSA GAFF

THE BEST LOGO WE PICK , WE are looking for a logo for our Sessa Gaff
so any of you artists IN here, THis your chance to win a free Sessa Gaff if your logo
is the winner ,

we we are looking for is a shark head skeleton or a fish skeleton with gaffs crossed threw it like a skull and cross bones or make something custom using gaffs and a picture of a shark or a fish we will also be putting our website at the bottom of the logo www.sessaadvancedproducts.com

the time line is 3 weeks good luck

please when you send us the picture give us your info

you can email us the logo at persempregrato27@aol.com
SESSAGAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
SESSAGAFF

i was kinda hoping to see some coments on here

if you guys were down to have a contest please comment
Old 08-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Bob Madore
Junior

Sounds like you just want someone to do your work for you.
Bob Madore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
fishinkid2010

It doesn't sound like you have looked into what it takes to create a logo that is of professional quality. First off I do not claim to be a professional, however, I have family members who are. I do quite a bit of fish art myself, and have needed to create logos for my club. (My avatar is one of my designs) The amount of time and work it takes is incredible. I first had to render it by hand, re-do and alter it to better quality paper, color it and outline it, and scan it into a .png file. That was only the portion to get it part-way to digital. Once you convert it to a computer file the amount of time you can spend refining it is endless. Now for my avatar we only spent a few hours with it on the computer, but thats because I wasn't after the quality you would need to market a product. (I assume you want it in a digital file you can send to an engraver.)
All I'm saying is that before you get your hopes up, you may want to consider the amount of time someone will have to take to create a design of the quality I'm sure you want. Convert that time and effort into $ and your offer isn't as appealing as it could be, specially if you aren't guaranteed a gaff.

Good luck with your product though, it looks very well made. You might consider looking at your pricing though, other than that its a nice gaff.
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
ericko

NO body is making you do the art work. It also takes time to design the nice gaff sounds like some peeps just want things for free..

nice gaff
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:40 AM   #6
SESSAGAFF

wow eriko u hit it right on the head

ill send out a gaff and a hook to the one who makes and wins the best logo design