Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #1
Salty

Humpbacks at LJ (and some fish)

Just thought I'd share a pretty epic picture my buddy Gnarwhal got last weekend while fishing at La Jolla. We heard them first before we saw them. Just massive explosions of water. It was awesome. If you've ever watched a 40,000lb whale launch 10 feet into the air and crash back down while you watch from nearby while floating on a tiny kayak, you know what I'm talking about! Seen whales plenty of times cruising around but never doing this! At least not this close. Once they would crash back down, you never knew exactly where they'd launch again, so it was a little sketchy waiting in the eerie silence before *BAM!!*WHALE! Not sure how he did it, but my buddy somehow managed to perfectly time this shot!

Side note: This was my first time on the new Outback! Handles like a dream. Super stoked to keep it fishy. Landed 2 decent Lingcod around 22" but released them. New Seaforth was on a mission running circles around me wherever I went for some reason. Didn't see them pull up anything substantial. Mostly calico. They made the bait rain for the dogs, yet they still saw MY bait as more attractive... Wish the bigger fish thought the same way.
Attached Images

Last edited by Salty; 10-23-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote