Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
momo fish

LJ -- memorial weekend

Hello

Just booked a weekend in SD with family and would like to fish LJ on Sunday or Monday. Anyone fishing those days would not mind showing me around as this is my first time in those waters.

Will return the favor and show you around my hood (Malibu) when your out here. Thanks
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #2
f'nsabiki

I wouldn't go near LJ on Memorial Day weekend with a 10' jig stick!! The traffic and amount of people is going to be unbearable.
f'nsabiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
momo fish

Trust me I thought hard about that. Was planning on fishing my area hard but wife and kids wanted SD. Not my idea time with holiday but oh well making best of it.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
LawDog

I've done it a couple times. Get there super early and be out by noon and it's not as bad as you would expect
LawDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:23 PM   #5
momo fish

Is the concern the amount of rentals coming and going at launch and boaters?
Old 05-20-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
VGB
Junior

I plan on going out Sunday evening into Monday morning in part to shake the crowd...pm me if interested
VGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #7
Pocoloco

i'd be more concerned about all the pb's. Lots of weekend warriors drinking and boating/fishing. Be safe out there.
Pocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
tomahawk

I was in la jolla last friday through monday with my family. We stayed in nice rental house, btw. It was a zoo on the streets both weekend days. It took close to 15 minutes to go a mile on La Jolla parkway. No fishing for me (family time) but had a great time despite the crowds.
tomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:59 AM   #9
momo fish

Dang. Hopefully getting there early the only crowds will be the fellow kayakers. I launch from beach out in Malibu so hoping the launch isn't harder or will be providing free entertainment for others.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
TJones

You will have company

Every swinging wiener with a private boat will be running it wide open .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #11
Hunters Pa

And be careful on the landing. Idiots and their kids playing in the launch area can be hard to avoid when riding in on a wave trying not to tip. They just stand there like deer in the headlights as the wave carries you right at them.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #12
VGB
Junior

It's not gonna be that bad guys. Except for the parking.
VGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:45 PM   #13
FISH11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
And be careful on the landing. Idiots and their kids playing in the launch area can be hard to avoid when riding in on a wave trying not to tip. They just stand there like deer in the headlights as the wave carries you right at them.
X2….. If you get there before 7am you should be able to find a parking spot in the parking lot and just wheel the kayak down to the bathrooms than get onto the sand at the opening in the wall and wheel it down a little further on the sand closer to the normal launch where they are still doing the construction. It is easier to unload in the parking lot because even on a normal weekend the dead end street by the bathrooms is full of car unloading (Scuba divers, kayaker, etc.) and trying to back out is a Bi**h. Kind of want to join you but I made myself a rule a long time ago after almost getting killed while on a 4th of July out on my stand up Jet Ski doing tricks in the middle of Mission Bay some idiot on a rental hit my Jet Ski broad side cause he was laying down and couldn't see where he was going. On all those kind of Holidays it's best to avoid being out anywhere people are driving motorized vehicle that they normaly don't use. I repeat IDIOTS!