Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2015, 05:23 PM   #21
rhyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
You mean josh's coordinates....

Oh CHIT...

LOL

rhyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #22
momo fish

Calm down girls.... Hopefully have something to brag about on here when I return.. See you all in the morning..

Anyone went out today send me a PM.. Thanks
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:31 PM   #23
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
Calm down girls.... Hopefully have something to brag about on here when I return.. See you all in the morning..

Anyone went out today send me a PM.. Thanks
See you there. You car pooling with Jaime?
Old 02-07-2015, 07:47 PM   #24
momo fish

Drive to LJ from LA/Ventura area

Yup.. Hopefully get there around 6:30..

Let's see if Tony or Greg left any fish for us amateurs 😏
Old 02-07-2015, 11:44 PM   #25
TJones

Just remember what I taught t you

Button down the drags and turn the handle . Ohh look what time it is . Guess I have to get up and head to work . things should be settling down after today at the Jewel , and the fish should be coming back out come Monday or Tuesday . Anyone ? .
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:34 AM   #26
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silbaugh4liberty View Post
I feel your pain brotha, same here. I'm doing a bunch of chores today so my wife doesn't give me shit while I'm fishing tomorrow.

Happy wife=happy life!
Quote:
I did.. But I have a wife who gives me a dirty look if I leave to go fishing when something is broken.. I envy you single guys sometimes 😏
Being single is not always everything it's cracked up to be. There's more drama when you're dating!
Whenever I start to date a woman she knows going in that I fish first, last and always (and I pray she does too!). If she doesn't accept or get it after seeing ALL my fishing gear then she's never going to get it and I explain it to her and send her on her way!
It's the way I keep my Zen "balanced" but I do/have compromised and know how to prioritize properly (e.g. Birthdays, anniversaries, and other "special occasions").
It is nice though, not having those pesky "Honey Do" lists and knowing I have no one to answer to except myself.
There was/is some solace in knowing I can suddenly schedule an extended weekend trip to central CA or further (i.e. Oregon, Washington) for salmon/steelhead, Delta strippers or shad or any other sudden short notice week long trip to Montana, Idaho or Wyoming etc. without consulting (which is usually where things go bad).
I was actually "dumped" once for "suddenly" announcing a previously scheduled Bonefish/Tarpon tournament I was participating in the Bahama's (although I swear I remember announcing "calendaring" the dates).
Of course all of this was before my back injury.
Now once I'm better I won't need "permission" to attend a Baja or Bust" or Islander Mothership trip!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:28 AM   #27
TJones

I hope Mo catches something

His wife is getting tired of eating veggies with no fish .
Old 02-08-2015, 02:58 PM   #28
TJones

Mo Mo Mo

Old 02-08-2015, 06:20 PM   #29
octico

Today was an interesting day ...
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #30
yak-fishing-socal
kayak fishing socal

So how was it out there anything note worthy
yak-fishing-socal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #31
momo fish

Note worthy? Yes.. But I'll let others share the events of today if they feel up to it...

Way to messy to be out today.. And Monday looks the same.. Barely made it back to the beach.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:52 AM   #32
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishinYakr View Post
Being single is not always everything it's cracked up to be. There's more drama when you're dating!
Whenever I start to date a woman she knows going in that I fish first, last and always (and I pray she does too!). If she doesn't accept or get it after seeing ALL my fishing gear then she's never going to get it and I explain it to her and send her on her way!
It's the way I keep my Zen "balanced" but I do/have compromised and know how to prioritize properly (e.g. Birthdays, anniversaries, and other "special occasions").
It is nice though, not having those pesky "Honey Do" lists and knowing I have no one to answer to except myself.
There was/is some solace in knowing I can suddenly schedule an extended weekend trip to central CA or further (i.e. Oregon, Washington) for salmon/steelhead, Delta strippers or shad or any other sudden short notice week long trip to Montana, Idaho or Wyoming etc. without consulting (which is usually where things go bad).
I was actually "dumped" once for "suddenly" announcing a previously scheduled Bonefish/Tarpon tournament I was participating in the Bahama's (although I swear I remember announcing "calendaring" the dates).
Of course all of this was before my back injury.
Now once I'm better I won't need "permission" to attend a Baja or Bust" or Islander Mothership trip!
FFY
You forgot to add kids: family vacations, overtime work to pay for vacation and money on the side 4 fishing trips. Then you add religious services then you use what ever time you have to go fish and other hobbies. NExt thing you know the year is over!

Then you have make choices, 2 hr drive down for a chance at YT, or 6 ft surf at the bu to catch yellowtail.

choices choices.

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it

Last edited by wiredantz; 02-09-2015 at 07:09 AM.
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #33
TJones

Let's keep this one on the Hush Hush

The one that got away
Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 AM   #34
octico

bad idea ....

Weather turned bad in a matter of minutes. We spent too much time making bait when could have been . After a few green backs and a few Spanish macks we should have gone out, but we didn't.

We hardly had any time to fish, we got out to 170 mark around 9:30 and things were fine until 10:30 when the swell picked up and wind started to blow. Fishing was done at this point. Mo and I slowly scooted along for a couple hours to make it back inside where we chilled and before our surf landing, which turned out to be a piece of cake.

We should not have gone out yesterday, listen to weather reports. Lesson learned, glad everyone made it back safe.

Last edited by octico; 02-09-2015 at 07:59 AM.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #35
TJones

Amen

Next time
Old 02-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #36
FISH11

Note worthy? At least you guys weren't the couple of kayakers that needed to be saved by the CG (or were you?). I was out last Tuesday and when the wind picked up it kept blowing me south west. After numerous times of paddling back out and north and drifting again, the wind and current kept getting stronger and was very tiring to paddle against. When finally calling it a day I started heading back the GPS showed the on normal paddling I was almost not moving. When paddling with a lot more effort I was moving 1.4 to 1.7 MPH, normally that would be about 4 to 5 MPH. It took 2 1/2 times longer than normal to paddle in and the wind was maybe only about 16 to 17 MPH. The wind reports for today where crazy and tomorrow after maybe 10 am is almost as bad. I live in the mountains and surprisingly there is almost no wind up here. I'm thinking of maybe hitting Lake Cuyamaca tomorrow instead of LJ.

Last edited by FISH11; 02-09-2015 at 08:21 PM.
FISH11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #37
momo fish

Yup there was a few people in our group that needed CG rescue.. It took us well over 2 hours of hard peddling in without stopping to make it inside the closure. That's with dodging whitewater coming over the side and front of kayak....

For that kind of conditions I should of just fished Malibu..

Tips... Fish are moving on up.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #38
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Yup there was a few people in our group that needed CG rescue.. It took us well over 2 hours of hard peddling in without stopping to make it inside the closure. That's with dodging whitewater coming over the side and front of kayak....

For that kind of conditions I should of just fished Malibu..

Tips... Fish are moving on up.

Lucky somebody was there to rescue you guys...

We saw the conditions starting to turn, and we got the hell out of dodge quick. We got back to the beach just in time to see the lifeguard drop off the first victim.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:04 PM   #39
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Shit, I was too damn far out, took me three hours to paddle back! Decided to head back around 1015, I made it back around 1315-1330 or so. Shitty day, only fished for about an hour or so. The wind was doable, the swells got insane though. It was like 20 ft walls of water coming at you!
Old 02-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #40
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Some dude at the launch was like, "saw this guy get picked up by the lobster boat with a hobie outback, what's up with that", I just laughed was like, "I know". Then he said he had an x factor like mine before his outback and that they're a bitch to paddle. No wonder why it took me an hour longer than the outbacks!

Crazy day.

If anybody asks, I was just out there to work on the guns!!

Being sore today just means I got a great work out!