Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 AM   #1
ful-rac
Emperor

Please Support the CCA

I went to a meeting just this past Wednesday of the Socal fishing club at Fuddruckers here in Buena Park. The guest speakers were Wayne Kotow and Jim Salazar (Sabaslayer) of the CCA, the Coastal Conservation Association. Wayne went over the things that were happening effecting our rights to fish, talked about the proposed closures and what the CCA has done and is doing to help stop the complete shutdown of our fishery.

Wayne talked about a Indian tribe that was apparently trying to get the area from Cambria all the way to Santa Barbara shut down to Oil and gas exploration, but also banning all take or consumptive activities within the proposed area which means NO FISHING. The CCA got involved and help block this new MPA from being implemented. He also mentioned that the Sierra club and not the Indian tribe was funding the push to implement this new MPA. The environmentalists are really organized, well funded and willing to do anything, go to any length, use any deception, use indian tribes, use young children as a means to take what is rightfully yours and your families, your right to fish and use the waters of our state.

Wayne also talked about the offshore wind farms that are supposed to be built here in Socal by 2025 or 2030...something like that. They are planning to build and shutoff over 100+ square miles of ocean to any and all traffic and or fishing thru these areas. According to what Wayne said they can build them as close as 3 miles offshore in Federal waters....I didn't know this could possibly happen, and it will if we do nothing to stand in their way, they will have their way, and you might possibly have no fishing or any good fishing at best.

My point is, please do what you can, do your part. If you haven't yet, support and join the CCA, fish the tournaments, show your support. If you can't donate money at this time, help promote the tournament, donate your time by helping with the WSB releases, they are actually fun and rewarding.

If you do show up for the tournament...they will have free beer! So drink $60 bucks worth of beer and get it back if you can! I'd like to see you try! See you guys at the Battle of the Bays

Last edited by ful-rac; 04-28-2017 at 11:12 AM.
ful-rac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #2
Saba Slayer

THANKS

THANKS TONY...I guess you were listening after all...!

Did somebody say beer....?

Come on down and fish the Battle of the Bays Tournament and support CCA CAL!

www.battleofthebays.com

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #3
jruiz
Large Member

I have my membership renewed and i plan to participate in the santa monica battle of the bays
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
stevie951
Lurker

Wow

Electric windfarms centrally located in the pacific ocean are you kidding me!? Talk about Pollution!! I know California is ahead with the green movement but it's time these kooks move on to the rest of the country... Much bigger fish to fry, Shaking my head

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13

Last edited by stevie951; 04-28-2017 at 12:41 PM.
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
Druko

Thanks for the update. Will sign up ASAP
Druko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:24 PM   #6
Amish Ed

Thanks for the update Tony.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:33 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Informative post thanks Tony.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:53 AM   #8
Mahigeer

I just renewed my membership to Sierra Club. Even yesterday received a new backpack!

Thanks for the post.

Last edited by Mahigeer; 04-30-2017 at 06:20 AM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:00 AM   #9
monstahfish

Hey Tony, I think we'd benefit best by working with them to allow recreational fishing but block out the oil development and commercial fishing. It's much easier to work with people then against them. If they're unwilling to compromise, then we can go after them. Has anyone from CCA reached out to Sierra Club or the Chumash tribe?
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #10
monstahfish

Hey guys, I just did a little more research on this and if they're following the same rules as for other NMS like Stellwagen from my home state of MA, there would be no fisheries closures at all. The Sierra club even says this in a letter I found on their website. Here's the Q and A page on Stellwagen http://stellwagen.noaa.gov/about/faq.html#boats, the only issue I see is the potential for is if the PFMC decided to create a closure and I don't think that's likely. What I do like is it blocks fossil fuel development and transit through the sanctuary. Santa Barbara has already had at least one significant spill that I know of and I'm sure there have been others before I moved out here.
Given the short sighted agenda of the white house and congress, we ought to try to protect as much of our waters as possible.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote