Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
warrior

The deal I got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
You will like the adjustable clicker on the Trini for fishing macs. It's much nicer that having to tighten down the cast control for extra tension, then loosen it again to cast.
I work by the HB pier and take my walk there for lunch. One day a guy was selling all his gear because he was moving away and wouldn't need his ocean gear anymore.

He wanted $200.00 for the Trindad but of course nobody on the pier inlcuding myself had that on them. He had all these guys really low balling him on all his gear and he got really pissed. He turned to one guy and said OK give my $100.00 for the Trindad and the guy said no $80.00; luckly, I had $100.00 on me so I said I would give him the $100.00 he said sold. The guy trying to get it for $80.00 told me he was first and would give up the $100.00; the seller told him tuff sh$% and walk on. The reel is brand new, never used.

I got home looked it up on line and almost sh^& my pants on the price.

Anyway thanks again everyone.
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
emrliquidlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
I work by the HB pier and take my walk there for lunch. One day a guy was selling all his gear because he was moving away and wouldn't need his ocean gear anymore.

He wanted $200.00 for the Trindad but of course nobody on the pier inlcuding myself had that on them. He had all these guys really low balling him on all his gear and he got really pissed. He turned to one guy and said OK give my $100.00 for the Trindad and the guy said no $80.00; luckly, I had $100.00 on me so I said I would give him the $100.00 he said sold. The guy trying to get it for $80.00 told me he was first and would give up the $100.00; the seller told him tuff sh$% and walk on. The reel is brand new, never used.

Nice. It is one thing to low ball, but worse when you see just how close you were to a good deal. Awesome to get a good deal like that.

You planning on making a YT trip?

Ed
emrliquidlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM   #3
Corey

Quote:

Damn, that's a deal!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Damn, that's a deal!
I connected up with that guy and bought some more gear, I told him that I saw how much that reel was worth so whatever price he gave me on his other stuff was cool; no negotiating. He appreciated that and still gave me a good deal on what I bought. I actually helped him go through his garage and organize for a garage sale. I've not used the reel yet so hopefully the great spirit will shine on my first adventure with it.

emrliquidlife'

Not planning on fishing YT specifically, I'm just getting all my gear set up while I'm recuperating from my knee surgery. I mainly fished bass from my yak but now I'm venturing out to the flatties and the YT. I realize it will take sometime to get the groove but I've picked up a lot a valuable information from the forum. I just have to put it to practice now.
With a prayer in my mouth I dashed unarmed through a line of soldiers my clothes were cut to pieces my horse was wounded but I was not hurt, as I reached the door of my lodge my wife handed me my rifle saying "here's your gun...fight"

The great Chief Joseph
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
JPSURF

Quote:
I connected up with that guy and bought some more gear, I told him that I saw how much that reel was worth so whatever price he gave me on his other stuff was cool; no negotiating. He appreciated that and still gave me a good deal on what I bought. I actually helped him go through his garage and organize for a garage sale. I've not used the reel yet so hopefully the great spirit will shine on my first adventure with it.

emrliquidlife'

Not planning on fishing YT specifically, I'm just getting all my gear set up while I'm recuperating from my knee surgery. I mainly fished bass from my yak but now I'm venturing out to the flatties and the YT. I realize it will take sometime to get the groove but I've picked up a lot a valuable information from the forum. I just have to put it to practice now.

Does he live off Garfield / Mc Fadden??
JPSURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
warrior

No he lived in Garden Grove. This was almost a year ago, he has since moved to Minnesota.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
Darrin
Junior

WoW that's an awesome deal
Darrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:29 AM   #8
steveooo

Quote:

Once i bought a pair of $800 Acoustic Research speakers from a guy in a van for $150. He said that his company had accidentally received an extra pallet of them, and his boss just gave them to him, because their company trip got cancelled that year. His story sounded a little fishy, I'm not sure a guy selling trini's by the pier is too legit either.

On the other hand, my sound system rocks.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 AM   #9
warrior

This was an older retired guy and after going to his house I could tell that everything was legit. Amongst all his gear he had one other reel still in the box, everything else was used but well taken care of. It looked like 50 years of stuff by my estimation.

Is it cheaper to buy the Spectra and fill it myself or go into a shop?
Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
robmandel

Quote:
Is it cheaper to buy the Spectra and fill it myself or go into a shop?
depends. but, a shop will have the machine and can put it on level and tight. it has to go on tight. spectra is a bitch if it isn't on right. mono isn't as big a problem with that. the good news is that you'll not need to replace the spectra for a long long time. so, even if it's more expensive, it's really a longer term thing.
robmandel is offline   Reply With Quote