Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
aaronbowen
Junior

first time la jolla 8/27 im hooked

well i finally made it out to la jolla for the first time with my new kayak. had a rough start when my diy pvc kayak cart busted but made it out with a succesful launch. saw a few guys way out there kayak fishing so i headed in that general direction. once out there i felt sick and began puking. haha. then made bait. was my first time using a sabiki rig and was suprised when it worked. threw a mackrel on a #2 hook and let him loose. trolled him for awhile and hooked a nice 17 inch calico. first time catching one of them too. i dont have a bait tank yet, so i put my sabiki back out for more bait, and something big bit my rig. after a nice fight the knot slipped and my one and only sabiki was lost. with no other way to make bait decided to call it day plus the swells were beginning to get larger due to the hurracaine marie down in baja. i had a great first day and learned alot from actually getting ot there on the water. first thing is i need a better kayak cart. second is i deffinetly need a seat cushion. next would be a circulating bait tank and carry extra sabiki rigs and tie better knots cause bigger fish may bite the sabiki. also i realize i need motion sickness meds and ginger. also i want to install rod holders in front of me, cause the rear flush monted rod holders are kind of a pain to keep reaching back to. im sure more will be learned with each trip out there, but im deffinetely hooked and cant wait till i can go out there again.

Name:  kayak fishing 006.JPG
Views: 1644
Size:  37.2 KB
Name:  kayak fishing 009.JPG
Views: 1570
Size:  35.2 KB

Last edited by aaronbowen; 08-28-2014 at 01:32 PM. Reason: selfie crotch shot no bueno
aaronbowen is offline   Reply With Quote