Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-04-2016, 08:52 AM   #21
Saba Slayer

Rossman

So the Bottom line is a quote from John Kennedy..."ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"
Sit on your hands and you'll get a sore Butt...join in the effort and we'll get something done...!
I don't think I called you out personally rossman...I'm speaking in generalities !
Thanks for your past involvement.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #22
onthewater

One thing I heard from another person, which I would like some clarification on is the following:

The money that is 'donated' or gathered from California, is all that money EXCLUSIVELY used for CA conservation, or is that money sent to CCA, which is a nationwide organization, and thus the CA funds could end up being utilized in another state?

Is there a financial breakdown of how the money is used or kept in the state? I know for Non-Profit charities, the salaries of the CEO's are posted online: http://www.charitynavigator.org/

This is just a question, don't shoot me for asking a question.

Last edited by onthewater; 03-09-2016 at 01:55 PM.
onthewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 AM   #23
Saba Slayer

CCA finances

"One thing I heard from another person, which I would like some clarification on is the following:

The money that is 'donated' or gathered from California, is all that money EXCLUSIVELY used for CA conservation, or is that money sent to CCA, which is a nationwide organization, and thus the CA funds could end up being utilized in another state?
Is there a financial breakdown of how the money is used or kept in the state? I know for Non-Profit charities, the salaries of the CEO's are posted online: http://www.charitynavigator.org/
This is just a question, don't shoot me for asking a question."

As a member of the State Board of Directors I think I can answer that question.

The $30 new memberships and the renewal $30 memberships go to CCA National...with a lifetime memberships of $1000, about $930 stays here...All Other Cash Raised in California Stays Here. All chapters are reguired to have one fundraiser a year and part of the entry fee is an annual membership.
Any cash raised in California at our fundraisers by a local chapter stays in the state to be spent on our CCA CAL operating funds or our California advocacy, reef building, WSB project...or whatever the state and local chapters decide is a good project worthy of our time and money.
The CCA rates pretty high on the website that ranks 501c's.
If you need more CCA financial info please contact me by PM or email...it's a grassroots organization but as in all organizations we do prefer to keep the exact finances confidental. I can connect you with our president Bill Shedd or someone at National if you have some further questions on our finances.
Thanks for your support!

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 03-11-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
tsugg
LOWSPARK

I just did ! Now I'm Kind of interested in any FH discounts at del mar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
I did my part how about you?

Join the CCA and or renew at the show!

tsugg is offline   Reply With Quote