Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #21
momo fish

When you opened your mouth and started dictating who can or cannot come you at that point started talking for the program.. And trust me your the last person I would want them to emulate...

My point is for this or other events I would not discourage kids from volunteering for a program that's meant to benefit there future.. Isn't the whole point is to preserve fishing for future generations which is ironic since you think they "get in the way".. Can I assume you have kids and are speaking from experience?

Glad we agree on the last point.. 😊

Shit, there goes my chances of making the team. Luv2tug chances just increased..
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #22
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post

My point is for this or other events I would not discourage kids from volunteering for a program that's meant to benefit there future.. Isn't the whole point is to preserve fishing for future generations

I'm going to have to agree with Momo on this one. This definitely benefits the future of fishing........

WARRIORMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #23
jorluivil

Quote:
When you opened your mouth and started dictating who can or cannot come you at that point started talking for the program.. And trust me your the last person I would want them to emulate...

My point is for this or other events I would not discourage kids from volunteering for a program that's meant to benefit there future.. Isn't the whole point is to preserve fishing for future generations which is ironic since you think they "get in the way".. Can I assume you have kids and are speaking from experience?

Glad we agree on the last point.. ��

Shit, there goes my chances of making the team. Luv2tug chances just increased..

I agree Momo but.......................I said what I said based on what I’ve seen and nothing else. Can you bring your kids? Sure, be my guest but please make sure they do not get in the way. I wasn’t trying to be an a-hole about this but when you see kids netting 10-15 fish at a time and dropping half of them on the floor and half of those falling between the cracks and into the abyss it defeats the purpose. I apologize, but again, I’m saying this based on experience and nothing else. I recall seeing Momo’s kid in the mix and he was never in the way. Why? I’m guessing it’s because it wasn’t his first rodeo.

Again, my apologies...............since I'm not the one in charge of the program I will no longer comment on this.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:32 PM   #24
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:

Glad we agree on the last point.. 😊

Are we still roll'n with this...? Ok..

I feel like trump here...

I didn't dictate anything to anyone...I'm a volunteer, and I'm speaking from experience. I'm not discouraging kids from getting involved at all. In this instance, where fish need to be transferred quickly and efficiently and safely from one above ground tank to a tank on top of a flatbed truck, smaller kids cannot physically do what is required.

Yes we are doing this for future generations, that is why I want it to be as successful as possible, it's for your kids and everyone else's kids. Believe it or not, it's not because we want to "brag" that we did it. We don't have to volunteer for anything momo...we really don't, but we do. Do we have to support HOW programs...no we don't...Do we have to support other special causes no, but we do. Team Sewer puts it's money where it's mouth is constantly to support the community and it's causes, I guess i'm not surprised you question that.

In all seriousness we all want to accomplish the same thing here. I realize you take offence to what I said, and if you felt it was directed primarily at you and your kids...well it wasn't. In fact from what I remember your kids stayed out of the way for the most part.

Wow...this is getting long winded.....I feel like jimday...

I'll explain to you why I have this opinion, you get 1 kid by himself netting seabass 4 or 5 at a time like he's supposed to...fine. When you get more than 1 kid, you just turned it into a competition. Now the seabass are being netted 20 at a time. Did this happen? Yes it did. Did seabass get damaged a a result? You betcha! The point is that we release them in the best possible condition, so to give them the best possible chance for survival. Otherwise were just really wasting our time.

Whew!
Old 03-10-2016, 02:40 PM   #25
ful-rac
Emperor

The great thing about this is that everyone knows about the WSB release...
Old 03-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #26
WARRIORMIKE

I just cant wait for the stocking. I will be there with my trout rod for sure. Lurking in the shadows waiting to jump on these suckers!!
Old 03-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #27
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORMIKE View Post
I just cant wait for the stocking. I will be there with my trout rod for sure. Lurking in the shadows waiting to jump on these suckers!!
Yeah you try that and we'll hood wrap your ass to the light pole!
Old 03-10-2016, 04:33 PM   #28
WARRIORMIKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Yeah you try that and we'll hood wrap your ass to the light pole!
Eeeeeezy there 50 shades of gray! Lol
Old 03-10-2016, 04:58 PM   #29
Saba Slayer

Thanks CCA and Promar

CCA and Promar donated some nets and a mini crowder to the WSB release on Saturday.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #30
Mahigeer

It is raining hard right now in LAX.

It is suppose to clear out by tomorrow.

If it is raining, are we still doing the release??
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #31
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
It is raining hard right now in LAX.

It is suppose to clear out by tomorrow.

If it is raining, are we still doing the release??

Rain or shine we'll be there

Old 03-11-2016, 01:51 PM   #32
ful-rac
Emperor

It should be fine tomorrow...I guess we'll see. Your coming down for it?
Old 03-11-2016, 08:14 PM   #33
theluckypig

stop it... all you dudes love each other...

i think the issue is that kids do get in the way if they are participating for long periods of time... i let my kids participate for a short time (10 mins), they get bored, then i tell them they're done, and stay out of the way... they helped... and i stay and help as long as i can... but with kids my time is limited...

now, from tony's and jorge's perspectives, they spend the whole day there, from beginning to end... and it is work... efficiency is key in making the day go well...

both can work... just be reasonable...

love,

theluckypig & piglets...

Last edited by theluckypig; 03-11-2016 at 08:53 PM.
theluckypig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #34
ful-rac
Emperor

Thanks BWE members!

Thanks to the fellow BWE members that showed up today to support the seabass release. We had some trouble today getting started initially...due to several different factors.... but we eventually got a rhythm going and started to work really well by the end of the day. Even some kids helped out today! actually they did a great job. Mom and dad were overseeing them working and made sure they were doing things right.

We were successful in releasing about 3000 WSB that were pretty nice size, at least 12" but many exceeding 12"s. They looked very healthy and strong, I'm pretty optimistic about their survival into catchable legal size seabass for not only us but future anglers.

Old 03-12-2016, 07:57 PM   #35
jorluivil

here's a few more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN8921.jpg (41.3 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8922.jpg (91.8 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8930.jpg (76.9 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8938.jpg (70.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8947.jpg (61.5 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8950.jpg (63.3 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN8952.jpg (67.7 KB, 53 views)

Old 03-13-2016, 07:19 AM   #36
Saba Slayer

THANKS THANKS THANKS !!!

Thanks to all the volunteers that showed up yesterday...that's a lot of BWE representation (way to go kayakers)...our babies are on their way to La Jolla for Deamon to catch in a few years...!
If anyone has a few good photos for the next CCA CAL newsletter please
e-mail them to me.
How did the new Mini Crowder work...?
We get a new batch of fish in April...I'll post up the delivery date when it's announced.
Thanks Again to all that participated...!

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 03-13-2016 at 07:29 AM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote