Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 AM   #21
FISHIONADO

Great job on the new web site. I like the random whoppers.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #22
T-Rex

Great improvements to the website! Easier and faster to use. Even the pics look sharper.

Last edited by T-Rex; 02-16-2007 at 02:54 PM.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #23
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

On behalf of all of us that worked on BWE web site upgrade:

Thank you all!

The transition went smoothly. We didn’t have a single problem report. We’re stoked about that.

Yes, the changes are quite dramatic, but hopefully it’s for the better. It will take same time to get used to it.

There are 2 cool features on the front page – Random Whopper image and FrontPage posts… For both of those to work, images have to be uploaded in BWE Photo Gallery. PLease help us utilize these 2 features by uploading your fishing pictures in BWE member gallery. Every registered user can now upload pictures. It is very simple – click on Gallery, choose
Upload Photos.... Browse to your photo(s), click Upload… Piece of cake.

I will be posting more tips as we go…

Please do ask if you have questions about any of the forum/Photo Gallery features – we’ll do out best to help you out.

Tight lines all!!!
lambadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:36 PM   #24
ronbo613
Waterman At Large

The pages load very quickly, even with a number of photos.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #25
kenishere

nice improvement on the site, works great on the laptop, very slow to load on the cell phone internet (cingular),, the only way for a quick mental break at work

rolling in the surf is a speciality enjoyed more by the onlookers
kenishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #26
FISHIONADO

Could you add a couple charts like moon and sun rise/set times, tides, winds? I really like the new site and was just thinking about other fishing related stuff that would be useful. I have all that available but at different sites.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #27
aguachico

geeks.. all of you!!!!

nice site
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:02 PM   #28
nmbrinkman
Work Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHIONADO View Post
Could you add a couple charts like moon and sun rise/set times, tides, winds? I really like the new site and was just thinking about other fishing related stuff that would be useful. I have all that available but at different sites.

They have them on the home page on the left column...
nmbrinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #29
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrinkman View Post
They have them on the home page on the left column...
Those are links not charts, you lose you geek badge for a week. With small charts you wouldn't have to click to another site. Just an idea, it's a great site the way it is, just trying to contribute. I didn't see the moon cycles there, that is what sparked my thought. I've been trying to time my trips around moonrises and moonsets. It hasn't worked so far....
Old 03-16-2007, 08:24 AM   #30
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Dave!!!

You sound like my old manager… It’s not helpful to be bringing out new ideas, unless we actually know how to go about putting them in place…

I agree, we should put more chart like stuff on the front page to make it more of a one-stop-shop portal with all the info the yak fisherman would need. The problem is – none of us who worked on the new BWE site is a true web developer… What you see is what we’ve been able to figure out. I’m quite amazed we got it to look as it looks right now. If you know how to do it or know someone who could help us (and is willing to do it) – by all means, let us know. Keep in mind – we don’t pay… OK, you can expect BWE shirt or hat and a ton of appreciation, but that’s about it.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #31
FISHIONADO

Wish I could help, my skills are with radar, radios, and other electronics. And making suggestions I can't back up.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #32
steamroll

The only moon chart available for a this type of software (vBulletin) causes alot of problems loading the home page. We have a moon chart on the SaltwaterBastards.com home page and it is nothing but trouble. Drew looked everywhere for one that worked better but came up with nothing.

On a side note, the new site looks GREAT!! There seems to be traffic and activity now too! Keep up the good work.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:05 AM   #33
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Thanks...

But there is a "Current Moon" chart on the front page... ?? It's been there since we rolled the new site - do you guys not see it? On the left, scroll down below sponsors...

Or r you referring to different type of moon chart, the one where you'd see the future moon phases??
Old 03-16-2007, 10:16 AM   #34
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Nate/Drew, you guys have a different moon chart on saltwaterbastards.com. We haven't noticed any problems with the one we're using.

What you may want to consider is looking into changing hosting provider/plan.... I've been noticing that vBull performance seems sluggish on saltwaterbastards.com. We had the exact same problem with BWE. It wasn't that bad with phpBB, but it was horrible with vBull. That's the reason we changed hosting provider before we rolled out vBull....

Forgot to say - big THANK YOU goes to PerryC from http://www.allkayakfishing.com/ . Perry's vBullettin board seems to be performing very nicely, and we went with Perry's recommendation for web hosting provider.

We're very very happy with the selection - the speed is definitely there.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #35
FISHIONADO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambadmin View Post
Thanks...

But there is a "Current Moon" chart on the front page... ?? It's been there since we rolled the new site - do you guys not see it? On the left, scroll down below sponsors...

Or r you referring to different type of moon chart, the one where you'd see the future moon phases??
I'm interested in what time the moon rises and sets each day. I haven't caught a whopper in the last 200 hours of fishing, just looking for some kind of edge. I'll use a voodoo hex if you think it would help. Maybe a "fish whisperer"?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:36 AM   #36
hookster43

Cool Wow! This is great for a beginner!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWE View Post

As you can see, we've upgraded and improved almost every aspect of the site.

We got the new forum engine that will make posting/searching for information easier. You can now upload pictures directly to the board. This feature can be found under the gallery link, and there are options to create your own photo albums within the board.

The picture on the front page is randomly generated from the best big fish pics. We went back and uploaded some of the pictures posted earlier. Because of multiple uploads, the quality of some pictures isn't that great. Please upload your trophy catch pictures in your user gallery to help us improve the quality of the headline pictures... If you have a problem with your picture being on the front page, please let us know and we'll remove it.

So please, have a look around and if you encounter any problems or broken links, let us know.

Thanks,

BWE Team

I am in awe, just gettiing started, so much to learn. Just trying to select the right Kayak is overwhelming. Any other links or info I should try?

hookster43

Last edited by hookster43; 03-18-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: misspell
hookster43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:37 PM   #37
Useful Idiot

Check out the articles under the information tab, there should be some useful info there. If you're gonna be at the Fred Hall Show this week at Del Mar there will be seminars throughout the day on kayak fishing. I'm scheduled for one a day, Andy's got a few and some other guys from the site will be giving a seminar here and there or taking up space at the OEX booth. Stop on by, you should learn a lot.
-Brian