Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
aguachico

Baja info - mordida attempt #20

I've been pulled over so many times it's comical. Once I was pulled over when coming back from fishing in December, only to be pulled over (without) yak by the same cops two weeks later. I recognized them, they me - vamos!

Monday morning I hit the border after a weekend of fishing. I was pretty tired and grumpy because I had the smallest WSB in the group

I cut thru a side street to get a straight shot at the single lane into the border. It's the street that goes past the Smart and Final. I "pinch negra lobo" that's local for the black police cars pulls up along side. The girl rolls down her window.
ratero "are you ok?"
me "sure"
r "borach?"
m "cansado"
r " pull over for inspecion"

This fat bitch and her stupid partner begin to go thru my stuff. Typical questions and I'm pissed. She trys to separate me from the guy searching the front by asking me to come to the back. I tell her no I'll watch him search and then when he's done we will go to the back.

Open the back and WHEEEEWWW Adi's trash stinks. Door closed quickly. I'm still pissed and they know it the way a slam the doors and get in their face.

The guy says "you fish Mexico alot"
me "hell yeah" I start rattling off names of places these idiots never heard of.
guy "catch fish"
me "yup - GRANDE CORVINA cabron"
guy "you have fishing license for Mexico"

I've never been asked for my license never never never.

I walk to the from and get my license.
He shows it to the fat c***.
They have never seen a license

vamos smelly dirty pinche gringo!!!

No mordida
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:23 PM   #2
lamb

lol

I thought we had it bad by getting the slowest line on the border and being harassed about the 36 pack of beer we brought back... the gift for Senor Jose, but we never saw him...

The customs officer asked me when I was naturalized and I couldn't remember the freaken'' year...

It's funny how they're checking...

I was driving on our way to San Carlos. We get stopped on customs check point - I talk to them with my thick European accent... Then they ask Mike Knott and Andy where they were born, and they don't ask me a thing... You go figure.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #3
taggermike

I got stopped going in to Gonzaga bay years ago with a gringo buddy who speaks fluent spanish and this guy's brother-in-law. I can follow along all right in espanol. Any way this Mexican Marine Sargent, armed to the teeth and speaking 0 english, starts to give my buddy the usually questions. Got drugs? caring guns? where are you going? where are you from? what's in the back of the truck? Were surrounded by a whole squad of marines with not one smile in the bunch when the Sargent gets to the question, what are your names? I'm tense but fairly cool as things are going smoothly. My buddy, in the same casual tone he's been using all along says, "mi llamo Copper, mi amigo Miguel, y mi cunado Dick Love". Of coarse his bro-in-law isn't named Dick Love. All the tention I had been storing up clashed with the totally hilarious, completely unexpected, and shockingly f'n stupid response my buddy made. The result was I let out sort of an exploding laugh, cough, bark, sob sort of sound and then bit down on my knuckles about as hard as I could to keep from either laughing or punching my buddy. I got a funny look from the Sarg. and off we went. Most check point tales aren't so funny or so stupid but I wanted to share. Of coarse my buddys's bro-in-law was Dick Love or Vierga amor for the rest of the trip. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #4
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

lol

good one.
lambadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #5
Dan

My one and only pull over experience happened just north of ensenada....$180 for going 5 miles over the speed limit.....F'N SWEET!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #6
aguachico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
My one and only pull over experience happened just north of ensenada....$180 for going 5 miles over the speed limit.....F'N SWEET!
that's $180 pesos? otherwise you were screwed. Next time just ask for the ticket. When they say we go to judge, say ok. There's no judgfe for speeding tickets or any traffic violations. Just accidents, dui, weapons and other serious crimes.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
Dan

yeah I got bent over...i was 19 and escared hundreds of miles from home.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
escared hundreds of miles from home
Having a group of weapon totin farm boys, find a crusty old shotgun shell in your truck and saying "We got you now" that is escared......I got off so easy, lil debbie and some Coca Cola
Old 08-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #9
Siebler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Having a group of weapon totin farm boys, find a crusty old shotgun shell in your truck and saying "We got you now" that is escared......I got off so easy, lil debbie and some Coca Cola

That is why I am affriad to drive down there. I know theres lost forever (until they search) ammunition in my truck.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
Billy V

The Mexican Cops sure make it difficult to keep up good relations.

About 6 months ago my 69 year old neighbor and his wife were struck in their Van by a Mexican woman driver that ran a red light.

When the Cops show up they took my neighbor off to jail for a few day.
Add lawyers, insurance agents, extortionist police, and lying witnesses.....

It finally resolved just recently with my neighbors Mexican Insurance paying out $28 Thousand Dollars to the woman who ran the red light causing the accident.

Its not worth the potential headache to me.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:48 AM   #11
wavster

That's why one needs to be extra cautious and vigilant about other drivers. Even
that isn't a guarantee, but to live in fear is no way to live...
wavster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
One Rev

I just don't go down there anymore. I was raised in IB and going across the border when I was a kid was just lifting my bike over the cable that was stretched from one pylon to another. We would bike down to the bullring and hang around. My last trip was surfing to shipwrecks with some friends and we had a little problem with a gang of Meth guys on the dirt road from shipwrecks to quatros casa's. They had guns we didn't. I won't go down anymore just not worth it.
Mike
One Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #13
Spinal Tap

Art, that sucks man. Not the way to end a trip. I thought they were suppose to do something about it.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...n17extort.html
Spinal Tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:19 AM   #14
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

You can send a complaint here...

www.sindicatura.gob.mx/complaints/Complaints.asp

Who knows if they respond... seems like there are a few incidents recently, just saw one on a spearfishing website as well... Govenor of baja Jose Guadalupe Osuna must not have signed the budget for their new raises...

Supposedly, there is a watchdog group below... might be good to have these numbers handy... Someone purported that they had this group name & number on their license, and they were let go... hmmmmm.... Be safe if you travel baja...

Sindicatura del Gobierno Municipal Tijuana (664) 688-2810, 973-7770, 973-7759, 683-4095
Ensenada (646) 617,1561, 176-2222, 617-1561
Mexicali (686) 558-1600 x1661
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #15
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I would love to fish some of the Baja locales. However, it is just plain not safe. I will go by boat, or on an organized trip, with a group of experienced people, however the statistics clearly show that a non-Spanish speaking gringo tourist is extremely likely to attract trouble in Mexico. It is just not worth it to me. I was in Tijuana once, and we had trouble then with no provocation. The multitudes of horror stories can't all be exaggerations. I will stay in La Jolla or in a boat until I am invited to go in a safer environment/ situation. I guess that is the down side of being a "rich, dirty, rotten, ugly, gringo."
It is sad that there are so many tourists have willingly parted with their money to Visit and support Mexico in the past, that will no longer do so, me included. Mexico has lost millions of dollars in Tourism revenue because of their corruption.

So.... Where does that leave our wonderfully "non-corrupt" San Diego city council members?lollollollollollollollol

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:44 PM   #16
wavster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handymansd View Post
So.... Where does that leave our wonderfully "non-corrupt"
San Diego city council members?lollollollollollollollol

The only difference between them and corrupt Mexican police is that the city council
does it when you're not looking...
Old 08-14-2007, 07:27 AM   #17
Grego

The busy Pemex in San Quitin next to the park with the good shrimp taco stand.... Fook'n jack-ass told me I owed him $72 U.S. for gas and the meter said $480 pesos...gave him $48 bucks and took off. Wanted to jap slap that boy with my rubbah slippah...
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 AM   #18
aguachico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
The busy Pemex in San Quitin next to the park with the good shrimp taco stand.... Fook'n jack-ass told me I owed him $72 U.S. for gas and the meter said $480 pesos...gave him $48 bucks and took off. Wanted to jap slap that boy with my rubbah slippah...

Burritos at the Pemex Rosarito - DAMN tasty.

NEVER EVER buy gas in USD.
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 AM   #19
wavster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico View Post
NEVER EVER buy gas in USD.
Not to sound ignorant, but why? After converting money to pesos at a money exchange
it would seem like you'd loose out.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #20
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavster View Post
Not to sound ignorant, but why? After converting money to pesos at a money exchange
it would seem like you'd loose out.
A lot of gas stations make money on the exchange rate. The rate is not really 10:1, but that is the way they do it sometimes so they make a few extra dollars on the gringo tax.

I have always purchased gas in USD, but baja vets have said not too as they might rip you off.

Let the Fish and Game Commission know what you think about the proposed maps.

Be ready for December 9th and 10th.

Last edited by tylerdurden; 08-14-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: blah
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote