Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-28-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
KayakNinja
Junior

Newport Harbor, 7/27/14 AM

Hey all,

My dad and I paddled out with plans of staying inside to fish for some Spotties using swimbaits and Lucky Crafts, but the conditions were simply too ideal to pass up the short paddle out south of the harbor mouth.

We both trolled Lucky Crafts on the paddle out hoping to hit a school of Bonito (or anything really), and did just that. I lost one on a long-distance release while my dad brought a nice foot-long specimen to hand. I caught one more barely legal Calico on the troll before we arrived and started casting in the kelp.

After we reached the kelp, I brought two more Calicos to hand while my dad caught another Bonito and a Calico. We fished for a total of 3.5 hours (including the paddle out and in), then had to head back, but while the catching was slow, it was a great morning trip.

I took some great pictures, but none of them have fish in them so I figured you all wouldn't be interested!

KN

P.S. All fish C&R.
KayakNinja is offline   Reply With Quote