Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #21
easyday

I have the whole dog into the wave thing down. I just leaned to far and rolled into the inside. I also love the speed of the tarpon getting out is so easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2014, 03:13 PM   #22
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
I have the whole dog into the wave thing down. I just leaned to far and rolled into the inside. I also love the speed of the tarpon getting out is so easy

So Josh, if I am hearing you right the new Thresher by Wilderness should be even better in the surf? So I guess that is what I will order when the Adventure Island sells. Thank you for your insite Josh.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:24 PM   #23
easyday

Yea the thresher looks like it's going to rock in the surf

Old 07-25-2014, 09:27 PM   #24
icelogger

Your time should be coming shortly. It's all about putting your time in and one day you'll break the seal. I fished 4 to 5 days a week for a month before I got my first LJ YT. I would fish after work until dark and weekends. It was about about learning something new every time OTW and studying how people catch YT. The dedicated catch lots of fish.

And the only reason I caught my first one is timing. I happened to be out there one evening when the squid bite was on. Everybody was slaying them. At the time I had no idea people could catch squid and that YT love squid. I was amazed. I sat and watched how people were catching them and learned the techniques. A really cool guy Eric gave me one of his rods and threw on one of his squid. I missed 2 that night but now I knew the techniques to catch one. A couple days later I caught my first YT. A day after that the squid bite was gone.

I agree with taggermike. Just getting the chance to get out there is a gift. I've been away from La Jolla for a year now and still think of fishing there regularly. I can't wait to go yak fishing LJ again. Appreciate what you got right in front of you.

Cheers
icelogger is offline   Reply With Quote