Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-31-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
THE DARKHORSE

may submission

I hope the dept. of fish and game isn't a BWE member. This is the product of an afternoon prefish and tourny results.
THE DARKHORSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
Cucamonga Keith

Darkhorse,

You seem to already be aware that the legal limit for White Seabass is one per day as you're wondering, in writing, if the DFG is reading this forum. I don't post much but I'm really curious as to why you would decide to keep two in the first place and then also post a photo of them dead in the cockpit as a WCW May submission when your name is clearly listed in the WCW registered angler list and there's a photo of you in your forum profile too.

I'm sure they were'nt both yours as that would be both technically illegal and personally unethical. Just in case you really didn't know:

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/oceanfish2007.pdf
Section 28.35. White Seabass.
(a) Minimum size: Twenty-eight inches total length or twenty and one-half inches alternate
length.
(b) Season: Open all year.
(c) Limit: Three, except that only one fish may be taken in waters south of Pt. Conception between
March 15 and June 15.

Hopefully our kids and their kids will also be able to catch big fish someday.

CK
Cucamonga Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #3
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

Keith,

Valid concern, but I think it's all legit.

Josh did indicate, and I happen to know - he caught one WSB and that YT during the PM session the day before the tournament. I guess he kept the pre-tourney fish uncut and had the picture session on his yak the following day.

Just to make sure Josh - I hope the YT you're submitting is not the one you caught the day before, right?
lambadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:08 AM   #4
lambadmin
Spam Sanitation Dept

I'm moving this post out OF WCW Submissions forum to avoid confusion - Josh has the separate thread for his May sub.
lambadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
manginilaw

posession limit is still one, can't add up multiple days

I understand that the Fish and Game interpretation of the possession limit is still one white sea bass in posession until June 15. If I am correct, that means you cannot have more than one day's limit in your possession, regardless of when the fish were taken. Just like deer, waterfowl and doves. Othewise, you could theoretically have an unlimited number of fish or wild game in a freezer. In addition, I understand that the Fish and Game people do not need a search warrant to search your home or vehicle, if they have reasonable suspicion that you broke the fish and game laws. Please verify whether the above interpretation has changed.
manginilaw is offline   Reply With Quote