Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2017, 07:47 AM   #1
driftwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaDave View Post
It's only going to get worse, there are too many people and still growing. Water, food, area, all are going to be consumed.

How else do you feed 7.44 billion people? This site shows just a few stats about what we people use...

http://www.theworldcounts.com/counte...ion_statistics

Try to imagine 250 million pound of meat, then try to imagine where it comes from and how much it takes to produce it. The numbers are staggering. I don't even know how we can produce what/where we do, let alone what will be needed in the future.

So we all sit in front of our TV's watching football games, mini-series, and the rest while eating snacks or chowing down on some burgers or steaks. We are raping the planet and ignoring the fact that we do.

I could go on but why bother....
Old 10-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
The way we are going it will finally come down to just one thing............................................. .................................................. .........PEOPLE EATING PEOPLE. That is the end result. And WE are doing it to ourselves. So AGAIN I ask what can we do about it. The answer is out there, we just need to find it. Thanks amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #3
DanaPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
The way we are going it will finally come down to just one thing............................................. .................................................. .........PEOPLE EATING PEOPLE. That is the end result. And WE are doing it to ourselves. So AGAIN I ask what can we do about it. The answer is out there, we just need to find it. Thanks amigos.
I've started on my personal Farm to table solution, won't be fully enough, but I haven't bought veggies all summer.

The answer is out there. Smart people are working on feeding the 7 billion people.

https://goo.gl/GZCCHY

I guess so long as you don't mind beef, fish, or chicken from a lab, then no problems. Otherwise, better raise it yourself.

How would an AP system work out in Mako-ville?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sept AP.jpg (159.2 KB, 127 views)
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:36 AM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
I've started on my personal Farm to table solution, won't be fully enough, but I haven't bought veggies all summer.

The answer is out there. Smart people are working on feeding the 7 billion people.

https://goo.gl/GZCCHY

I guess so long as you don't mind beef, fish, or chicken from a lab, then no problems. Otherwise, better raise it yourself.

How would an AP system work out in Mako-ville?
We are in the middle of the desert on the SEA of Cortez but I am looking into it. Thanks.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #5
socal.beach.bum

Harsh truth, there are just too many people on this planet. Plagues, famine, natural disasters are just ways for this planet to try and self regulate. Unfortunately the way things are, the human species probably has less than 1000 years left on this planet. Existinction isn't only for lower apex animals, we are on that list too, we just don't have the awareness to recognize it.
socal.beach.bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #6
Baja_Traveler

Aquaponics would work great in Mako-Ville. Pick up a few IBC containers in San Felipe and make an easy conversion for the system. It would have to be placed under shade cloth so it all does not cook in the sun. If you used tilapia as your nitrogen source they could handle the slightly brackish well water, might have to see what the tolerance of the selected plants are though. It could only be pulled off if you lived there full time to take care of it though...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #7
goldenglory18

One of the clearest solutions to our Planets problems is leaving behind meat based diets.

It's been almost impossible for me to get on board with, but I know full and well that the best chance for our survival is to adopt a plant based diet....
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote