Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2021, 02:41 PM   #1
captainbarky
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysFishing View Post
Thank you. That is one of the option I have in mind as well. How is the balance with the 3 gallon fuel tank on one side and the 6-7 gallon bait tank on the other side?
The external bait tank dimensions are 11" wide and 11" long and the drain is set at about 8" of height. I think that works out to about 4.1 gallons of capacity and at 8.5lbs/gallon of sea water, that's ~35lbs. If you add the container and battery, it probably works out to ~40lbs full.

On the other side, gas is about 6.3lbs/gallon, so ~25lbs full with container. I have a ~5lb fire extinguisher mounted under the left side of the seat and slide my 10lb battery box slightly to the left. The net change is 0 tilt.

I'm 205lbs and sometimes bring 5 rods and plenty of tackle. I plane right away and cruise 12-14mph. It feels like a great setup. I think you'd like it if you don't want to make a hole in the hull. Let me know if you'd like more pictures.
captainbarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
AlwaysFishing

Nicely done! You got it all balanced out. If you don't mind please post some pictures of the set up. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbarky View Post
The external bait tank dimensions are 11" wide and 11" long and the drain is set at about 8" of height. I think that works out to about 4.1 gallons of capacity and at 8.5lbs/gallon of sea water, that's ~35lbs. If you add the container and battery, it probably works out to ~40lbs full.

On the other side, gas is about 6.3lbs/gallon, so ~25lbs full with container. I have a ~5lb fire extinguisher mounted under the left side of the seat and slide my 10lb battery box slightly to the left. The net change is 0 tilt.

I'm 205lbs and sometimes bring 5 rods and plenty of tackle. I plane right away and cruise 12-14mph. It feels like a great setup. I think you'd like it if you don't want to make a hole in the hull. Let me know if you'd like more pictures.
AlwaysFishing is offline   Reply With Quote