Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
ICHI
Junior

Rain,wind,bass and LIMITS 1/25/09.

Got picked up by my yakkin buddy sherm around 11:45 pm after he tried calling me for 20 mins. I was asleep, oops sorry scott. Loaded up the yak and got to the landing around 12:10. I forgot my headlight and thats kind of important, so we headed back to north park to pick it up. Ok back at the landing around 12:45. Got on the water around 1:15ish and headed out.

Half way crossing the bay it starts rainin no biggie as we had slickers and rain jackets. We meet up with our new yak bud greg.Dropped our hoops and I started fishing. First cast I was on and then off. Second cast and first cali of the night. Threw the plastics for short bites and then I got nailed hard, pulled my drag and ran into some kelp. I played tug o war for a couple of mins and then finally tried to horse him in. Of course SNAP. Lost my last favorite color plastic. Pulled our hoops and first pull produced a legal and a few shorts.Third pull had another keeper and shorts. Dropped them down and then the wind came.

The wind sucked, I couldnt fish for jack shit. I picked up one more cali on the fresh water creature (salamandor). Pretty cool never caught or tried this plastic before. After that the fish were hiding in the rocks and I couldnt stay in one spot long enough to get close to the rocks. Pulled up legals just about every drop. To shortin it up I got my first night of limits, they were crawlin good that night. I was so stoked, thanks again scott you da man. For me limits and scott 6, we would have stayed for scotts easy limits but the wind was very frustrating. So we headed in to nothin but wind in our faces and white caps. Of course the wind stopped 10 mins from the landing. Thanks again sherm, cant wait till next time.
Attached Images

Last edited by ICHI; 01-26-2009 at 01:01 PM.
ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
FishSeeker

nice job

where did you go?
Old 01-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
ICHI
Junior

S.D. bay.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #4
T Bone

Good job,I got a limit after the rain earlier this year.Its a great feeling.

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #5
Sherm

Nice pulls Nick. Next time I hope you remember the head lamp on the 1st go round. Was a nice night of pullin despite teh weather. We gotta start planning teh next trip.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Spyder

Way to go guys. I was hacking my ass off in bed while you guys killed em. I'm starting to feel better so maybe this weekend........
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
ICHI
Junior

Hey for sure scott. LOL ya I gotta remeber to grab my light and WAKE UP. Thanks for being patient bro. Wuzz up dude, that sucks you werent feeling well. Like you said there always next weekend. Im gonna try and get out to la jolla friday in hopes of a yoyo yello.