Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
Sherm

SD bay after work

Buggin season is over so it's time to get back to fishing the bay and LJ. Since daylight savings time is here it's easy to get the yak to the water and get in a couple hours fishin.

I was on the water at 4:30. The original plan was to look for the flat kind....but a thick fog bank hanging right on top of point loma made me not want to cross the bay. There was a lot of activity on the water and I didn't want the fog to roll in and make me a potential speed bump for boaters.

There was no tide movement and the fishing was slow!!! I had to work hard for the fish I did catch. Spotties were the main catch of the day along with a couple good size sculpin. I tried several "go to" areas and the fishing was just slow all over. I even went back to an old favorite plastic of mine (smothered in butter) that started producing some ok bass action.

Finished a good stoagie and enjoyed being on the water even if the fishing was less than stellar.

Fish count:

7 Spotties (nothing big)
2 Turdroller (dinks)
2 Rattlers
1 lizardfish

all fish C&R'ed
Attached Thumbnails
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
ICHI
Junior

Wuzz up sherm. I havent fished with ya in FOREVER bro. Ive been buisy working. Good to see ya in da bay. We should plan a la jolla trip man. I really dont have a set schedule but Im sure Ill find time for the yak, poor thing is gettin dusty
ICHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
Sherm

How's the deckhand work treatin ya? Hope your enjoying the job. I'll keep you posted on LJ. I need to get out there soon.
Sherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Lord Matthew34
Mad Yakker

I'm digging the day light savings time too! 4:30pm-7:15pm is a nice serene time to put in work on the bay especially after a long work week. The bay will open up soon...
Lord Matthew34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
Iceman
Administrator

wicked fog Sherm........slow fishing? I'll take that kind of slow