Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 PM   #1
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

free roof rack

Since the Bug is going away, Free to BWE member is the rack I used for my yak on the bug.

its a BIC sports rack, clamps onto the rain gutters and has a cradle for your yak, sup, or surfboard. 36 inches wide, 1 1/2 inch from the foot to the bottom of the rail. I have driven 80+ with my yak on this rack its stable.
I work in Long Beach off the 91 and Downey, and live in Los Alamitos near the 405 and 605 interchange. if your in between delivery is even possible . I also go to Hunting Harbor pretty Regularly on the weekends.

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
GregAndrew

Do the hooks extend on either end for wider vehicles? If so, I know somebody that is interested.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #3
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Do the hooks extend on either end for wider vehicles? If so, I know somebody that is interested.
Greg they stretch out to about 45 - 47 inches. I was considering removing the straps as they run all the way through the cross bar and using a clamp strap in place, so that they would be like the soft style rack, but WahooUSMA set me up with his old bed extender.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

Old 03-24-2011, 09:07 AM   #4
wiseguy

I'm interested in the racks. I live off of Alondra and Downey where you work. If they fit my car I'll take them if Greg does not. Maybe you can stop by and we can do a test fit?
wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #5
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

lots of guys asking questions on the pms but no one has said they will take them. wise guy your up, check your pm. I will be at eastern deli tomorrow for lunch.

Last edited by bus kid; 03-24-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Gone.