Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
jorluivil

Lu-Ho-Ya 8/20

launched around 5-am. What were ankle slappers turned out to be 1-2 footers as soon as I was ready to paddle through. It never fails, as soon as I launch the largest surf comes through. Anyway, got wet to about my waist/stomach, stopped to setup and continued to past the MPA. I was having some issues with my sonar, it was reading the wrong temp and my GPS would not show the MPA lines so I just pedaled near an area where a PB was already fishing, I knew at that point I was past the MPA. The bait looked like it was there but it was hard to come by, must be because I didn't have a Sabiki 8000, so at least that's what I was told. Anyway, as the morning progresses I make bait here and there, I caught the biggest Spanish mac I've ever seen, I thought it was a greenback when I got it on the boat, it was probably in the 12 inch range. The bait schools were around but my guess is that because the seals were on the chew it caused the bait to keep moving. Its about 9am and I had just finished taking my morning nap when I see a group of kayakers and PB's fishing some deeper water, I get a hold of Greg on the the radio and tell him that I'm headed out a little further. Since the dogs were on the chew I was going to pick up my lines and pedal my way out but I decided to take a chance and drop a bait down. About 5 minutes into my trek I see some solid red wiggly lines at the bottom, I'm watching my screen, watching the rod tip.........tap, tap-tap-tap, bump, tap, bump-bump-tappy-tap and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The fish took a few nice runs but the new Avet performed just like it supposed to. Fish was up and game clipped within 5minutes.

Ended the day with the one fish (21.2lbs). The landing was pretty eventful but the sights at the launch weren't.
Attached Images

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote