Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-15-2016, 06:49 AM   #1
driftwood

120K for poaching OUCH!!!

It would of been a little cheaper had they bought it at the fish market.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...914-story.html
Old 09-15-2016, 07:11 AM   #2
jruiz
Large Member

This might have helped

jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #3
Mahigeer

WTG wardens.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:52 AM   #4
driftwood

These guy's are idiots!!! don't they know you don't need a fishing license to poach?
Old 09-15-2016, 08:15 AM   #5
PapaDave

Just one of the reasons I buy a license and not get upset about it. Good job DFW.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:26 AM   #6
Saba Slayer

X2

X2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
WTG wardens.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:44 AM   #7
TylerJones62
Junior

Boy, that's dedication right there. The wardens jumped in after the bag when Jeong threw it overboard...
TylerJones62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #8
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
These guy's are idiots!!! don't they know you don't need a fishing license to poach?
I'm sure they know now!

You have a constitutional right to fish, hunt, poach, take whatever you want, and as much as you want. It's guaranteed by the constitution, and the california constitution, and the bill of fishing rights, also approved by the CPA (California Poachers Association). You don't need a fishing licence!

I would Estoppel the evidence and file a escheat immediately! Take these steps to pro se innocence you will resjudicata the hearing and exparte you emminent domain.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #9
Mr_Fixit

I am glad they busted and prosecuted them. I cant tell you how often I see people keeping fish that should be tossed back. Some people just dont care. Its interesting how it seems most these offenders are from a certain far east country.

Yeah, people complaint about a fishing license. Its use is disputable. But laws around the sizes of fish you can keep make way more sense. Also laws around what species you can keep and when you can obtain them make sense.
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
Hunters Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Fixit View Post
I am glad they busted and prosecuted them. I cant tell you how often I see people keeping fish that should be tossed back. Some people just dont care. Its interesting how it seems most these offenders are from a certain far east country.

Yeah, people complaint about a fishing license. Its use is disputable. But laws around the sizes of fish you can keep make way more sense. Also laws around what species you can keep and when you can obtain them make sense.
Spend some time on a pier or jetty and you will see people of ALL origins poaching.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:25 AM   #11
RK

they should publicly stone poachers.......
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #12
jorluivil

They should of called Wiredantz for advice

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:56 AM   #13
Mr_Fixit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunters Pa View Post
Spend some time on a pier or jetty and you will see people of ALL origins poaching.
I did. That is how I got started in ocean fishing. You are right. Lots of people do it. But there are also trends.
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:28 PM   #14
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Congratulations, State worshippers!! Land of the Slaves!!

It's pretty funny how brainwashed people are. You have a computer in your hand and yet your too damn lazy to look up websters Dictionary.

Poaching Defintion= noun
the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.
any encroachment on another's property, rights, ideas, or the like.

So did they poach by definition? No, and you gladly congratulate the DFG for busting a couple OLD guys for a dozen abalone, and 3 lobsters, and yet your completely clueless on the REAL FACTS. Every single year the commercial industry has been gaining revenue and yet it hasn't rung a bell yet.

Lets explore the facts:At the height of the Abalone Commercial Fishing Industry was bringing in 2000 metric tonnes of abalone. Let's put this in perspective for you. 4,408,000 Pounds of Abalone from the Commercial fishing industry! Of course the depletion of the resource didn't happen from recreational fishermen, but from commercial fishermen. Since then farming of the abalone become a major effort since it was the commercial fishermen who F***ed up the resource. Of course they don't ban or hardly put restrictions, but started farming.

Now, lets look at commercial fishing of Spiny Lobsters, because those evil fishermen took 3 (2 weeks before the season, how dare they). Here's a paragraph I found from the Monterey Research Facility:Establishing the import and export figures for California spiny lobster is rather complicated due to the lack of delineation of the term “lobster” in most databases. However, the 2010 ex-vessel value of the California lobster fishery was $11.13 million in 2010 (CalCOFI 2011). This is up from the $7.89 million in 2009, and the previous high of $8.06 million set in 2006 (CalCOFI 2011).
The majority of the lobster caught in California is exported and shipped live (as they cannot be tailed for market) to Asian countries, particularly China, in the last several years (Barksy pers.comm. 2012).

Did you read that??? $11 Million in revenue, for 400 Metric Tonnes (881,848 lbs) of Lobster, most of which is being EXPORTED!!! You people gladly encourage exporting your resource meanwhile frown on a 75 year old guy keep 3 lobsters - 2 weeks out of season. THIS IS INSANE!!! THINK, IT AINT ILLEGAL YET!!

Last edited by Silbaugh4liberty; 09-15-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Silbaugh4liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 01:34 PM   #15
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #16
ful-rac
Emperor

You might be on to something....

Quote:
I did. That is how I got started in ocean fishing. You are right. Lots of people do it. But there are also trends.

I found this graph that might support your claims...

Old 09-15-2016, 03:43 PM   #17
ful-rac
Emperor

As you can see the vietnamese poaching is off the charts!
Old 09-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #18
Caden
Homeless will fish 4 food

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
As you can see the vietnamese poaching is off the charts!
Let me get this right Tony, we all race poaching ok and not all Viet is bad bro and tho 2 got caught they not even Viet, are a lot of Korean people live on garden grove? That just my 2 cent bro, btw he talking about u Roby
Caden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #19
smokie

Quote:
Its interesting how it seems most these offenders are from a certain far east country.
This has got to be one of the most ignorant comments I've seen on this board. If you've been fishing long enough, you'll come to learn that poaching has no race...people of all colors poach and its a problem.

I'm diggin' that chart Ful-Rac...lol.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #20
jorluivil

It's been a while since we've seen our good friend
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Its-Popcorn-Time.jpeg (27.1 KB, 173 views)

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote