Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Looking to buy a Shimano TLD 25

Found One! Thanks Guys!

Rob

Last edited by SDROB; 06-05-2013 at 04:45 PM.
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
dorado50

That's a pretty big reel for Baja YT! A Torium 30 will stop 98% of these YT. (if you prefer shimano). happy hunting....
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
SDROB
Malibu Stealth 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado50 View Post
That's a pretty big reel for Baja YT! A Torium 30 will stop 98% of these YT. (if you prefer shimano). happy hunting....
Thanks,

Yeah I agree but I went last year and we fished a couple places were we were dropping down pretty deep and in the rocks 300ft plus. And I wasn't able to fish some of these spots as I was loaded up with Mono (Im actually bringing and fishing my Torium 30 as well thou (Good Call) but the Torium loaded up with heavy line doesn't hold as much.

The Panguero suggested we use #100 lb test as the yellows would saw you right off on the rocks way down deep. (As well as the chance at hooking up with huge grouper and sharks)

Everyone fishing 60lb test caught some but lost quite a few hear and there because of this (including me). The torium won't hold as much as the TLD so I wanted to load this reel up with 100# braid just for those deep drops as a backup so I won't miss out on any of those deep drops and I should be able to hook into anything.

Ill post a report when I get back!
SDROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
dorado50

I get what you are saying. I have been busting Yt out off rocky bottom at 250'to 260' on a T-30 and Penn fathom 30 both w/65# spectra and 80#floro. Won some...lost some! its a blast! Have fun and Good luck.......
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote