Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2023, 02:54 PM   #21
AnglerBob
Junior

Awesome report and photos. At least the weird weather is keeping the summer crowds down. I'm hoping to get up there in the fall. Thanks for the tackle notes. The Hookup baits work great for me in the harbors so now I'm gonna have to get some little ones for trout!
AnglerBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 06:43 PM   #22
roby
CEO of Team Roby

I wish I could have made the trip up there and fished with you. Beautiful pics with some great catches. I've had luck with the HUBs in the Sierras but it's not as consistent as you are having. I'll have to pick your brain the next time I see you.
roby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 03:06 PM   #23
Pinhead
We all Stink Sometimes!

All great pics. Nice fishing and solid weather. I am sure it was enjoyable. Thanks for sharing!
Pinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 05:05 AM   #24
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
This one looks like dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Fishing was Good...not Great...but Good...
As usual I fished the Hookup Baits for 80% of the time in the kayaks...we had days with 4 to 20+ fish/day and only a couple of really slow days...at the end of the trip the water calmed down to really beautiful conditions each evening...so we ate dinner early so we could out for the evening glass off

I also used the lead core line setup and the down rigger for some mid day trolling at 25' to 35'. The Tasmanian devil produced 4 beautiful Browns one day with two of em at 16"......the split back Rapalla or Thomas Boyant didn't even get hit for me this trip...

The 1/32 Black Gold with the crawdad sauce was the go-to for me for most of the fish...although I used the yellow and white a few times on the dead stick...we ended up the trip using the 1/16 Chub color for the last few days of the trip and it really paid off... the last fish of the trip was this 5.8 pound beauty...probably a "holdover" with it's perfect fins and tail...
Just curious how you cooked it up....my old stomping grounds just received 3500lbs wright's from thatcher Idaho.
Old 11-15-2023, 07:37 AM   #25
tootall

Hey Jim, it was great talking to you on Monday at LJ, Roger (aka. tootall). I may have to try Silver Lake out, great pictures.
tootall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 06:00 PM   #26
Saba Slayer

Cookin'...

Hey Mitchel...
"Just curious how you cooked it up"...
My favorite way to cook the big ones is to scale the fish then steak it up and marinade in Traders Island Soyaki...then just put em on the grill and BBQ em.
It's a little more work but de-boning the trout is a really different way to serve em (there are a few demo videos on youtube)...then saute with an almond topping... or egg and cornmeal coat em then fry in pnut oil
Hope that helps...

Tootall...sorry that wasn't me you talked to at LJ...maybe my doppelg?nger...

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 02:56 AM   #27
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Thanks Jim ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba Slayer View Post
Hey Mitchel...
"Just curious how you cooked it up"...
My favorite way to cook the big ones is to scale the fish then steak it up and marinade in Traders Island Soyaki...then just put em on the grill and BBQ em.
It's a little more work but de-boning the trout is a really different way to serve em (there are a few demo videos on youtube)...then saute with an almond topping... or egg and cornmeal coat em then fry in pnut oil
Hope that helps...

Tootall...sorry that wasn't me you talked to at LJ...maybe my doppelg?nger...
I definitely know the corn 🌽 meal way. I like the small one's that way. Skin taste good crispy. Marinating the big one on the grill sounds excellent, don't think I ever had soyaki .I'll have to stop in trader Joe's next time I go by.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:13 AM   #28
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Trout Almondine....

Sierra style...

Last edited by MITCHELL; 11-17-2023 at 04:56 AM.
MITCHELL is offline   Reply With Quote