Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > Other Kayak Fishing Tournaments
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2008, 09:05 PM   #1
DESTROYER

Steve Moyer Memorial Tournament

Hello everyone! With Jim's busy schedule this year we were almost not going to have the 6th Annual Steve Moyer, I just couldn't let that happen. I'm basically reach out to anyone with a connection to help me make this event the best it can possibly be. I have the food all under control, we're basically looking for sponsors and donations. All proceeds go to the American Cancer Society. This event is a 501(c)(3). Brent has already jumped on board which is much appreciated. We want to knock this event out of the park. So please, if you can help, call me or email me at moyerthefishdestroyer@yahoo.com
(619)990-3663

TL-Matt

Events
Sixth Annual
La Jolla Kayak Fishing - Steve Moyer Memorial Kayak Fishing Tournament
September 6th 2008
Check back for Rules/Entry Form/Waiver • Map/Directions to the La Jolla Launch site
All proceeds to the American Cancer Society
It is time again for the most celebrated offshore kayak fishing tournament in the world.
It has been called the Super Bowl of Kayak fishing tournaments and is definitely the most prestigious kayak fishing event of the year on the West Coast. Each year this event gets bigger, with 200 participants in 2006, and each year the weigh-in, after-party, raffle and BBQ get better.
Named after our good friend and kayak fisherman, Steve Moyer, this event has earned over $45,000 for the American Cancer Society and we hope to make a bigger contribution each year. Steve lost his battle with cancer over five years ago; we want to do our part to help stop this disease.
With great sponsors on board each year, everyone walks away a winner, and thanks to the participants' generosity so does our charity.
You will be up against some of the top kayak anglers from around the country, and each year some real Big Fish hit the scales, this is no bass tournament, but you don't have to have the biggest fish to win. We have Yellowtail, Halibut and White Seabass divisions for the big fish anglers, but we also have the "Other Division" in which the winner may be a Barracuda, Bonita or even a Mackerel. In 2007 we added a catch-photo- and release bass division, sponsored by United Anglers, and we will have this again in 2008.
We will be giving away lot of great prizes including several kayaks.
In 2007 we had our first on-line auction that ended the day of the tournament. We auctioned off a fully rigged Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident complete with Shimano bait tank and lots more. The auction earned another $3200 for the American Cancer Society.
Each entrant will receive an event T-shirt, lunch ticket; lure pack, Jackpot entry and one raffle ticket. More raffle tickets may be purchased the day of the event. All proceeds from the raffle and kayak auction will go to the ACS as well as all funds retained after expenses have been paid. Once again the launch will be from the La Jolla Shore boat launch and the weigh in will be held at Kate Sessions Park. With a deadline for weigh in at 1:00pm

We will be constantly updating our sponsor list and any event changes on our event forums. This is a great place to stay on top of the conditions and catches in the La Jolla as well as where you can see who you will be fishing against. You can also read the full report from last years event in which we earned 12,500 for the American Cancer Society.
If you would like to participate in a very fun event and help out a great cause, make sure you mark your calendar for September 6th 2008.
For more information about the tournament or to get registered, use our Web form to contact us, or call the La Jolla Kayak Fishing office (619) 461-7172
We are always looking for help with this event, from day of, to helping find sponsors. I you would like to help out, please use our Web form to contact us.
Check back for Rules/Entry Form/Waiver • Map/Directions to the La Jolla Launch site
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
DESTROYER

Things are really starting to come together. Jim, Brent and I all met and are getting stuff ironed out. It should be up on both websites soon (BE/Kayak4fish). If you can't make it, we will also be excepting donations. All proceeds are delivered to the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY. Tight Lines!

Matt Moyer
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #3
Grego

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOYER THE FISH DESTROYER View Post
Things are really starting to come together......if you can't make it, we will also be excepting (accepting?) donations. All proceeds are delivered to the AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY. Tight Lines!

Matt Moyer
Gawd dammit Matt check your spelling, I didn't feed you plastic worms and put you on the short bus all these years for noth'n.
I shall be there fo sure...what kind of fishy on the shirts this year?
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #4
DESTROYER

Grego allways has to bee da A$$hole! Pleese foregive mee fore knot hidding the spellsheck buttin. As far as the shirts, they are going to be a little different and I will leave it at that.

Moyer "The Spelling Destroyer"
Old 07-29-2008, 04:55 PM   #5
Corey

Looking forward to it as usual, Matt. Let us know when signups start.