Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2017, 09:22 AM   #1
Fish Taco

Jim,

Thanks for all of your efforts on behalf of all kayakers and SUP users. I would do my best to be present at the meeting that you wish for us all to show up if that would help, just give me some notice and I'll do my best to be there. I'd be glad to sign a petition as well.

Thanks again,

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:59 AM   #2
Druko

Count me in!

I almost always grab food at Captain Kids after a long day on the water and frequently meet friends for drinks at
Tony's on the Pier and R10 for happy hour

Last edited by Druko; 11-09-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Druko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:01 AM   #3
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druko View Post
Count me in!

I almost always grab food at Captain Kids after a long day in the water and frequently meet friends for drinks at
Tony's on the Pier and R10 for happy hour
Excellent! I will add that to the list!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:08 AM   #4
Saba Slayer

meeting...?

The next Harbor Commission meetings are on Nov. 13th and Dec. 11.The meetings are at 6:30pm at the Redondo Beach Council Chambers, 415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, 415 Diamond Street, Redondo Beach, CA, 90277... This is down the hill from the high school and across the street from the McDonalds on PCH. The police department is in the same building. It's very close to King Harbor.

The December meeting might be a better one to shoot for...which will allow us to write a petition and get plenty of signatures on it to present with a group of SUP and kayakers on the 11th.

OK...who's expertise is in writing a petition...? I'll help you word it and cover the pertinent political and social issues.
One of Tony's thoughts was to take it to the business's he has listed and that you anglers frequent and get their signatures on there too.

Please PM me if you are serious about attending the meeting on Dec. 11th. and I'll start an email list to keep you informed.

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 11-09-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Saba Slayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
smokie

Just curious, what was the flat rate before? I'm not from the area, but stuff like this is all too familiar in California.

I mean, if less people are going there, they won't make as much on parking and the other aspect you mentioned, businesses would be affected. When will these yahoos wise up.
smokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:50 PM   #6
GregAndrew

Jim, add to the list that high parking rates will likely cause paddleboarders and kayakers to take up valuable street and private business parking spaces.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #7
aftahour

Thanks for the update. Wow parking gonna be crazy for people on the sports boat. Has anyone brought up the issue of using the launch at moonstone park? That area should be open to the public.im willing to sign the petition.
A list of other businesses I visit is the standing room, el burrito jr, Cheesecake Factory and blue water gill
aftahour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:38 PM   #8
King Saba

Can't promise that I can make it to any meeting, but I'll sign any petition needed and spread the word.