Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
calderonmike
Junior

Any good Fishing Stores in Seal Beach?

I recently moved to Seal Beach from San Diego. i am looking for a good place to find fishing supplies that is inexpensive and carries lots of stuff. I used to frequent SquidCo and Dana Landing while I was in San Diego, loved those places and they always had deals and worked well with customers. I live close to the Bait and Tackle shop on Seal Beach Blvd and PCH. its an alright shop but kind of pricey if you ask me. Just trying to find new spots in my new living area. Sometimes I wish i never got transferred from San Diego
calderonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
newguy01

tackle shop

i grew up in long beach try to find save on tackle there located in santa fe springs 9917 orr and day rd santa fe springs ca or fishermans hardware in long beach 2801 E Anahiem st L.B ca hope this help
newguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
FishinReelDeals

Lightbulb

NO!!! Big Fish off of pch and seal beach blvd is WAY overpriced. I like Charkbait in Huntington. Great deals and excelent customer service. Sav on tackle in Santa fe springs is another great store.
FishinReelDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
jorluivil

I usually go to Sav On tackle....I like this place but it seems like the employees are hit or miss when it comes to attitudes. Nonetheless, it's a good store with a huge selection plus easy off and on when it comes to the freeway.

p.s.
BRING LOTS A MONEY!!!
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 PM   #5
greenscales
greenscales

Performance

Drive up to performance in Los Alamitos - on Katella. All they don't kayak themselves, they are the best for custom rods in the region, have a ton of contacts in sport fishing world, and just good guys. The Longfin all the way in Orange has probably the best selection anywhere - worth the trip when the traffic is ok. Otherwise, if in Seal Beach, screw the fishing and just go have a pint of craft beer & BBQ over at Beachwood on Main St.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #6
maui jim

They covered all the Tackle,

but a great craft brew and New York Deli in Sunset beach is BRIX BREWS on PCH, if you dont want BBQ...But i do like the BBQ
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Lets_Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I usually go to Sav On tackle....I like this place but it seems like the employees are hit or miss when it comes to attitudes. Nonetheless, it's a good store with a huge selection plus easy off and on when it comes to the freeway.

p.s.
BRING LOTS A MONEY!!!
Never had any problem with the staff, but then again I know the manager Roger and he will take care of you.
Lets_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets_Fish View Post
Never had any problem with the staff, but then again I know the manager Roger and he will take care of you.
Not trying to give them a bad name....people have their days, we all do.

Breakfast at the Black Board Bistro on PCH!!
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #9
Hunters Pa

Mako Matt's Marine at Edwards & Edinger in Huntington Beach
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #10
calderonmike
Junior

thanks everyone! Oh and I love BBQ and Beach Wood is great. Like all there Micro brews on tap. will definitely give visit those shops soon. Sucks that Bait and Tackle is expensive cause live like 2 blocks from there, but I will check the one over at H.B. this week and the one at Long Beach on my way home from work tomorrow afternoon.
calderonmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #11
Hunters Pa

Really nice thing about Mako Matts is that they have a vending machine out front that sells bait 24/7.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote