Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 10-30-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
'Cuda

77 lb Yellowtail

I knew that would get your attention. Caught last week at La Bocana....on www.mexfish.com . Also check out (back issues) Oct. 16th & 23rd reports under "Baja California Coast Fishing".....incredible sizes and numbers....La Bocanapalooza?
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
FISHIONADO

Holy pez gordo Batman! Is La Bocana near Guerro Negro? I wonder if the fish still bite in late December? I'm looking for a fishing/surfing destination between the holidays.
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
aguachico

I yak fish that area every year. The YT are abundant. The bigger YT are best towards the end of the year. If you want to yak fish only, it's best to stay in Abreojos.

BTW: I saw that picture. I know Juanchy, he's not prone to lying... but I would 45-50#'s TOPS. viente, treinta kilos - all sounds the same :roll:
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 01:15 AM   #4
'Cuda

Hey Agua....how many hours from the border?.....and is the launch swell protected?
'Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 AM   #5
lamb

Here’s a lil’ excerpt from the neat book I just got… as I think I’ll be getting into this Baja fishing deal some more…

“Albreojos” translates into English as “keep your eyes open”. These great fishing reefs are located on the Pacific side of Baja about 572 miles below border crossing at TJ. This area is directly across the peninsula from Mulege and has many of the same tropical features, except that it is cooler in summer.

…The extensive reefs around Abreojos have the greatest concentration of big seabass types found anywhere in North America!

If you want to hookup on a 100-pound giant seabass (black seabass), gulf grouper or broomtail grouper, just drop an iron jig or five-pound live bait down 40 feet on to an Albreojos reefs and hang on.

The book is “The Baja Catch” by N. Kelly & G. Kira. Very cool, lots of maps and detailed information.

Art, when r’ you headin’ down there next?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:16 PM   #6
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguachico
BTW: I saw that picture. I know Juanchy, he's not prone to lying... but I would 45-50#'s TOPS. viente, treinta kilos - all sounds the same :roll:
Unless that picture is just a strange angle, I am with you.
Great fish but not 77 pounds
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
aguachico

Quote:
Hey Agua....how many hours from the border?.....and is the launch swell protected?
14-16 hours from the border. Several protected launches. Sometimes a panga is required to get to the fish.
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote