Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 12-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
Flounder

Soul Fishing

Another year passes. This is how things go now that I am an “adult.” The older I get the more away from the easy times of the past and the requirements of the future press against my forehead with the force of a winters storm. Just as the waves pound the sand the water calls to some of us in time of need. Until this year I had been away from the call and waters calming effects. Where has this decade gone? Worries about money, relationships, obligations, and work all kept me so busy that seconds have turned into years without the realization of what had been slowly killing me. Just as kelp dries in the sun I had personally dried up inside and lost the balance that makes for a fulfilled life. Relationships were lost, decisions were not easy, work was harder without the call.

Trouble follows when stress breaks you. This was the cycle that I was stuck in until I stopped listening to everything and answered the call. It is hard. Hard to listen to your body and soul. Hard to tell loved ones that do not understand the call. Hard to take time away from being a man and providing.

There is a GOLD lining to this. Once I quit suppressing the call and answered it magic happened. My happiness came back! My soul felt content and it showed. My relationship improved as quality and purpose seemed to come back to my life. After just a few outings work became more tolerable, as I knew what the weekend held. My apartment started slowly filling with things that make smile when I look at them. Life keeps getting better every day after I answered the call.
Now I look at this upcoming year with new goals, new friends, and a strong faith that I will succeed at whatever I put my mind to. Here is to the waters healing ability to aid me in lifes journey. Here is to our community and those who understand the call. And Here Here to tight lines!
~W.F.
Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:35 AM   #2
DanaPT

Nice. Good luck out there.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:01 AM   #3
kirkdavis

Amen

Well said Flounder. It is about way more than catching fish. This forum has a lot of folks on it that try to put into words the power of what we experience on the water. Unlike the people that need the adrenaline rush of jumping off high places in wing suits, we get the occasional euphoria of winning a battle with a fish, with a lot of serenity in between.
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:53 AM   #4
Ggiannig89

Thanks for writing. Not many understand the effect the ocean has on one entire being once it becomes apart of them. For me this goes for the out of doors in general.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:54 AM   #5
Saba Slayer

AQUA THERAPY

I call it Aqua Therapy...it is my church and the healing waters for my soul...!

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 08:17 AM   #6
Mahigeer

From the caption I thought the post is about catching flounder!

However, I liked it much more than a fishing report.

Thanks for the post.

It is good to know that there others who feel the same and are likeminded.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:39 PM   #7
MITCHELL
Sea Hunter

Location: Where ever I may roam where I lay my head I call home.
Send a message via AIM to MITCHELL
My kayak saved my life after my third......

Diamond ring. It is my love my therapist my provider and I hope my coffin
Old 12-08-2017, 04:06 PM   #8
Master-baiter

Not many understand. I lost the closest person to me few years ago and the darkness in my life was so overwhelming, I turned towards all the things that could hurt me, except one, the water. I swear, and I tell this to my friends n family, the "call" really saved my life. So I totally understand what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Master-baiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:57 PM   #9
Phishphood

Well said brother...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Flounder, have you been visiting mako-ville.com????? Sounds like you are a member of our Church amigo. We have been preaching this for years. Tight Lines, you are on the right path.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote