Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 03-17-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
HeavensDoor
Sarah L

Talking Battle ready?

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I'm fairly new to kayak fishing. Hehe but I'm kind of obsessed... anyhow, I just picked up my new Tarpon 140 from OEX last weekend. I have rod holders that I'll be installing. It's completely barebones. Any suggestions on how to get started setting this pupper up to get battle ready for La Jolla ??? Also, I'm looking at mats, like seadek type, but HOT PINK. They don't exist. Anybody know of anyone who makes customs or where I could find some? Little more info, my kayak will be used about 50% for kayak fishing and 50% spearfishing/freediving.
HeavensDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:41 AM   #2
easyday

Welcome to the addiction sarah
Old 03-17-2017, 04:01 AM   #3
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavensDoor View Post
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to kayak fishing, blah, blah, blah.... Any suggestions??? Blah, blah, blah...HOT PINK.

Welcome...you'll probably disregard my suggestion (as so many others do ) but you did ask...

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
Welcome to the addiction sarah
Keep your distance from Yahoo's like this Josh guy...oh, just because he's got a baby face and blushes out like a Rose...NO

Might as well throw you a big shortcut by identifying all of the BWE trolls and a-holes...MakoBob, CBAD, Jorge, Nick, moMO, DannoWar, Mitchell, Manny, Geno, ZED, CaboWabo John, C-Blood Jay...er, hold on, this list is way too long and I don't have the time...basically, there are three good dudes on BWE: Iceman (Andy), ChuckieD and Yanni...thank me later...
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:51 AM   #4
goldenglory18

Hot Pink?

Hmm......if seadek can't do it, maybe contact the guys at Hook1 and see if the company that makes the Conseal material can hook you up. I know Chad Hoover (I may still have his info somewhere) used to get custom kits from them for his tournament and TV boats...

https://www.kayakfishinggear.com/pro...ustom-cut-kits
goldenglory18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #5
Saba Slayer

Blue Seas

Try Blue Seas Fabrication in Mission Bay...
Ken Gardon 858-232-4188

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:18 AM   #6
chris138
donkey roper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Welcome...you'll probably disregard my suggestion (as so many others do ) but you did ask...

Keep your distance from Yahoo's like this Josh guy...oh, just because he's got a baby face and blushes out like a Rose...NO

Might as well throw you a big shortcut by identifying all of the BWE trolls and a-holes...MakoBob, CBAD, Jorge, Nick, moMO, DannoWar, Mitchell, Manny, Geno, ZED, CaboWabo John, C-Blood Jay...er, hold on, this list is way too long and I don't have the time...basically, there are three good dudes on BWE: Iceman (Andy), ChuckieD and Yanni...thank me later...
LOL
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #7
Mr_Fixit

Quote:
Oh yeah... those are the Trolls :P What was not mentioned is that Deamon is the Troll ring leader here.
Mr_Fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #8
easyday

Haha Jim
Old 03-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #9
HeavensDoor
Sarah L

Quote:

Hahahaha perffffffect, I'm a good mixture of troll, asshole and "good" so I'll just make friends with everyone on here then! I already recognize a couple names on your naughty list.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:23 AM   #10
HeavensDoor
Sarah L

Just a little update. I have been emailing with the dude from seadeks and told him I want HOT PINK, but he says it doesn't exist because HOT PINK is apparently the first to deteriorate in the sun. Lame
Old 03-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #11
NICKWORN

LMAO

Quote:

Welcome HeavensDoor, unfortunately I'm married!! I know I know, don't worry there's plenty of fish in the sea!!
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #12
HeavensDoor
Sarah L

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
Welcome HeavensDoor, unfortunately I'm married!! I know I know, don't worry there's plenty of fish in the sea!!
Darn lol
Old 03-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #13
FISH11

Talking

Welcome Sarah! I know you know some of us, how's the spearfishing going. Hot Pink, really. I thought you were the Camo kind of girl. I hear Camo is the new Hot Pink.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #14
FullFlavorPike

get a kelp clip if you're gonna dive off it, or learn how to tie a badass icicle hitch underwater (not recommended), because most knots won't hold to the kelp the way you want them to.

I've chased my friend's SUP across a half mile of open water before. not fun.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #15
Hunters Pa

If you can't find matting in the color you want you can always cut your own and glue/rivet/goop it down. Neoprene is available in tons of colors, or you could cut up a yoga mat or other type of floor mat. Of course, if it is not really made for the salt environment you will likely have to replace periodically, depending on exposure.
Hunters Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:25 PM   #16
Iceman
Administrator

I used to sell these deck pads for SUP, quality 3m adhesive.

http://www.hydroturf.biz/p7624/Hydro...duct_info.html
Old 03-17-2017, 01:30 PM   #17
DanaPT

Quote:

And should you ever get a PM from this guy ^^^^^^^^ for an all-nighter on the water... you just may want to say yes.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #18
Dannowar

Hope you find the hot pink traction. It'll be super easy to identify and disperse you from my dive spotz. And let Jim know where you find it for purchase so he can rainbow theme his PA
Old 03-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #19
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaPT View Post
And should you ever get a PM from this guy ^^^^^^^^ for an all-nighter on the water... you just may want to say yes.

I had a full all nighters with him, not sure why I went back the second or third time. Maybe it was because I felt sorry for him.

P.S.
If he ever invites you out for tacos please ask him for the address for so that you can check how far you'll be driving. When he says it's right around the corner he usually means it's about 7miles way.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I had a full all nighters with him, not sure why I went back the second or third time. Maybe it was because I felt sorry for him.

P.S.
If he ever invites you out for tacos please ask him for the address for so that you can check how far you'll be driving. When he says it's right around the corner he usually means it's about 7miles way.

Welcome aboard Sarah, and if you come on one of my trips the taco stop is at Tacos Poblano in San Felipe about 250 miles out of San Diego and in Baja it is our BWE PARADISE. Kayak fishing AND free Diving too. Tight Lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote