Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #1
Teambcw

12/10 halibut

Hello All,
I was able to sneak out yesterday morning to pound some sand for Hali's and I finally got some blood on my new Outback. I can't wait to head back out and try it again. It's taco time!!! Jason
Attached Images

Old 12-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #2
King Saba

I see more than fish tacos in the future. Nice job!

How do you like your Outback? It's my goal to get one in the future. The 2015 model seems so perfect like a cross between the 2014 model and the PA.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:28 PM   #3
Teambcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Saba View Post
I see more than fish tacos in the future. Nice job!

How do you like your Outback? It's my goal to get one in the future. The 2015 model seems so perfect like a cross between the 2014 model and the PA.
I really love it. The only thing I plan on changing is that center hatch as I find it to be a little small, the seat is amazing!
Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 PM   #4
King Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teambcw View Post
I really love it. The only thing I plan on changing is that center hatch as I find it to be a little small, the seat is amazing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGlXsaVN1Fw

The seat and increased leg room is definite plus.

I'm not sure if you've seen this video, but there are like minded people who have done the mod. I wonder if the mod will support a heavier set person while standing.
King Saba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:42 AM   #5
momo fish

I love mine and you will also! Put some foam blocks under the seat area inside hull and never worry about standing for a heavy set person
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:39 AM   #6
flemdogg
Island Blood

Told you it was fishy.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:58 AM   #7
octico

Congrats! I love my 2015 too, and I totally agree with getting a bigger hatch.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #8
Iceman
Administrator

Just watched that video, funny as Ryan was our room mate in Tennessee at the Jackson Summit last year..........we just called him "Oklahoma".

Interesting that the foam blocks have now been added, I don't remember the forward ones being in the first run and have not had a rec bucket fit in any of the previous installs. I am cutting a rec hatch today in one of the Outbacks I got yesterday and hope the rec bucket now fits with the added support of the blocks.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #9
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Exclamation

Whats the scoop on the multi-colored livewells in the background?

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
Iceman
Administrator

Ha, look again those are whitewater kayaks not live wells
Old 12-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
jorluivil

Sweeeeet.

I might be out there tomorrow. I'm hoping visibility will be good but I really doubt it.

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #12
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Ha, look again those are whitewater kayaks not live wells
I saw the purdy colors and that was it... Nice halibut to the OP
......................................__.......... ......................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,.................................. ........
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll..................................
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll............................. ...
..............lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
...............lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-..*`*;..)..........................
.................,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/...................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*....................
................|.../.../.../.*`..............................)....)¯`~,...... ............
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---........../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../....................
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|......................
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,...................
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..................

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #13
Teambcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Sweeeeet.

I might be out there tomorrow. I'm hoping visibility will be good but I really doubt it.
I think I will be back out Sunday as the water isn't look so hot currently.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
Iceman
Administrator

I plan to fish the Bay Tubers Jackpot on Sunday

http://baytubers.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1414
Old 12-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #15
MissileTM

Quote:
Just watched that video, funny as Ryan was our room mate in Tennessee at the Jackson Summit last year..........we just called him "Oklahoma".

Interesting that the foam blocks have now been added, I don't remember the forward ones being in the first run and have not had a rec bucket fit in any of the previous installs. I am cutting a rec hatch today in one of the Outbacks I got yesterday and hope the rec bucket now fits with the added support of the blocks.

Any update on the bucket fitting? I have a first run 15 Outback and would love to have the hatch and bucket mod on mine. I do not have any foam blocks in the front of mine either.
MissileTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #16
Afran
fishy

Nice Halibut
Old 12-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #17
Iceman
Administrator

Quote:
Any update on the bucket fitting? I have a first run 15 Outback and would love to have the hatch and bucket mod on mine. I do not have any foam blocks in the front of mine either.
I cut one and it did fit, no room for error, has to be dead center and the blocks are needed to lift up the deck a little.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #18
Teambcw

Quote:
I cut one and it did fit, no room for error, has to be dead center and the blocks are needed to lift up the deck a little.
Andy,
Sorry I didn't make it down Saturday after I called you Friday. I still need and want to get my hatch upgraded. I don't think I have the foam blocks, can these be ordered and added so we didn't have to cut the box? Thanks!