Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 11-26-2005, 09:32 AM   #1
Jimm H

Who ordered the crappy conditions?

Arrived at the LJ launch this morning at 5:40AM to meet Phreshwon, only to find stiff winds out of the Southwest, abd whitecaps on the water. Rain had soaked my interest on the way, but hope springs eternal.

Went to SeaForth for breakfast, and the San Diego was just pulling back in from an overnite. They had left at 10pm the night before, and turned back for port last night due to conditions.

Maybe Sunday.
Jimm H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 01:01 PM   #2
tylerdurden
Bad Clone

There were a couple of yaks out there fishing. Bait was easy, but it was so windy keeping the bait down was almost impossible. Instead of drifting with a bait down it was more like trolling but without paddling. The surf coming back in was rough. Going out to eat instead was a great idea.
tylerdurden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 04:51 PM   #3
madscientist

I had the pleasure of spending the day on the water with Adi, fishing the hali tournament. We got our asses kicked by the swell/chop from PB to the TP reef. BIG swell, lots of snot, and no flat kind. We tried to do the plastic team proud but the only fish caught today were in the bay, and who wants to fish the bay like some sort of bass fisherman?
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005, 05:24 PM   #4
lamb

Note to self - bring 48 pack when fishing with Brad in 7-9 ft swell. :lol: It can be done...

I can't believe we got so few fish to sigh in. But we kicked some greenies out of their shoes, no?? :lol:

We get gold medal for effort. We were hittin’ it hard. Too bad it didn’t pay off. Good times, thanks Brad.

I hope the ocean settles down soon. It sucked today. Luckily, the wind was right at the border of tolerable, for the most part.