Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Pescavore1

Short and Sweet - 6/15/09

With a heavy work load the last couple of months my opportunities to fish have been far and few between. I gave my favorite fishing guide a call and I brought a couple of celebratory cold beers. We broke tradition by opening one as soon we started fishing instead of having to earn it with a fish on deck. Fortunately, breaking tradition didn't affect the outcome, and soon after I was hooked up with a beautiful White Seabass. Josh advised me to let her go and try to upgrade, but it was pretty hard to do considering how often I catch these fish. I dragged her around with the Hobie and with a big splash she kicked to the bottom. Soon after Josh has a heavy bend in the rod and a big smile on his face. He plays the fish out and when I see him reach for the gaff I know it must be something worthy.

Josh called me over to take a photo and told me to put a bait down. After taking the photos Josh told me to put a fresh bait on and I reeled my mackerel in. She still looked great, as happy and strong as you could be with a hook in your face, but I put a fresh bait on anyway. A couple sips of my cold beer later, BOOM! This was a fun fight and I had hopes of another fifty, but I couldn't bare the thought of trying for another.

A long and skinny thirty pound class fish. I'll take one of these anyday!
Pescavore1 is offline   Reply With Quote