Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2017, 10:46 AM   #1
Phishphood

Lobster Report Card Time

I know everyone's focused on the Fred Hall show, but a reminder that our 2016-207 lobster season ended yesterday Wednesday the 22nd. Online reporting is now available and I highly encourage everyone to use it. Like Mr. Jim has stated in the past, it's the only concrete recreational catch data we have. So PLEASE RETURN YOUR LOBSTER CARD.

I made a super unofficial "Online Reporting for Dummies" pdf if you've never reported online before. It's pretty simple. Let me know if you have any questions. I also really suggest you add your email to your online CDFW account. You'll get a confirmation email when your report card is reported (for any species, abalone, sturgeon, etc).

If you really want to mail it in, the CDFW recommends using certified mail so you have proof you mailed it (keep that stub) Mail loss doesn't normally happen, but it has definitely happened in the past and we can't refund/waive a non-return fee if there's no proof you mailed it. Fish and Game Code says it has to be postmarked by the April 30 deadline. And if you're going to mail it, make my life easy please and fill in all the blanks that are required. If you didn't catch anything, write that "0". It takes me twice as long to enter cards that have blanks in them....

Happy fishing once this swell lays down again...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Instructions2.pdf (762.2 KB, 83 views)
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:41 PM   #2
GTboosted

Thanks for the reminder
Old 03-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
Mahigeer

Yes indeed thanks for reminder.

Done and done.

Last edited by Mahigeer; 03-23-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:20 PM   #4
NICKWORN

Deamon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Yes indeed thanks for reminder.

Done and done.
You better register all those keepers! Shouldn't take long! Hahaha
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:42 PM   #5
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
You better register all those keepers! Shouldn't take long! Hahaha
Nick-man...this year has been a test. You've failed. You know...age challenged kayaker have feeling too.
"The reality is that the wall was built to keep all Asians ~specifically Japanese and those that think they're japanese~ out of the U.S"

Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #6
Saba Slayer

Thanks

Thanks for reminding all the hooper and divers out there....
PLEASE send in the report card info...on-line is the easiest and best way to go...save your report card as a record in case there is a problem next season when you purchase your new card.
As Phishphood says...it's the only real recreational data that we have to defend our fishing rights so PLEASE send them in.
Guys like Jim/ Deamon...even if they got skunked this season...LOL
should send in their card as that info is just as important as the guy that got limits everytime.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:42 AM   #7
HeavensDoor
Sarah L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood View Post
I know everyone's focused on the Fred Hall show, but a reminder that our 2016-207 lobster season ended yesterday Wednesday the 22nd. Online reporting is now available and I highly encourage everyone to use it. Like Mr. Jim has stated in the past, it's the only concrete recreational catch data we have. So PLEASE RETURN YOUR LOBSTER CARD.

I made a super unofficial "Online Reporting for Dummies" pdf if you've never reported online before. It's pretty simple. Let me know if you have any questions. I also really suggest you add your email to your online CDFW account. You'll get a confirmation email when your report card is reported (for any species, abalone, sturgeon, etc).

If you really want to mail it in, the CDFW recommends using certified mail so you have proof you mailed it (keep that stub) Mail loss doesn't normally happen, but it has definitely happened in the past and we can't refund/waive a non-return fee if there's no proof you mailed it. Fish and Game Code says it has to be postmarked by the April 30 deadline. And if you're going to mail it, make my life easy please and fill in all the blanks that are required. If you didn't catch anything, write that "0". It takes me twice as long to enter cards that have blanks in them....

Happy fishing once this swell lays down again...
Thanks a lot for the reminder on the buggos. Now it's time to hunt some WSB...
HeavensDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:21 PM   #8
Mahigeer

Just a suggestion;

If doing it on line, write the confirmation number on a Stick-it and keep it with the report card until next season.

That way if there is a clerical error on their part, you have proof that you did your part.

I used to keep a copy of my report, and send the original with proof of mailing in the past.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:17 PM   #9
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahigeer View Post
Just a suggestion;

If doing it on line, write the confirmation number on a Stick-it and keep it with the report card until next season.

That way if there is a clerical error on their part, you have proof that you did your part.

I used to keep a copy of my report, and send the original with proof of mailing in the past.
If you're doing it online, you really should just add your email to the profile. When you complete your report, you'll get an email with the confirmation number. Easiest way to hold on to it. Instant confirmation and peace of mind.

If you're mailing itin, we highly suggest using certified mail so you have proof you sent it to cdfw. Harder to remember and hold on to, but it'll do. That aside, if you have an email on file, you'll get a confirmation email when I enter your mailed in/ hand returned report card.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #10
Mahigeer

Email is good as long as it is not mistakenly deleted.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:24 PM   #11
octico

Thanks for the reminder I totally forgot.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote