Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
toadstoadsonly

Thanks BWE you guys are awesome.

I am truly impressed with the BWE's kayak community you guys/gals are AWESOME and are truly tight knit community everyone is very helpful and go above and beyond to help out fellow yakers. I have not seen this on any other message board I have ever been on it is amazing how fellow yakers work with one another to return left behind gear, lost gear, stolen gear, helpful fishing tips to LJ newbies like myself.

We were out on the water last week in the fog and on the way out my buddies milk crate fell over and he lost two rods. We were trying to snagg up the setups lost with no avail. About an hour later we see The kid, Sharon, and a couple others paddle out to us and ask if anyone has lost a rod? I was thinking really? I told them my buddy Felix has lost two he then describes the setup and Kevin pulls it out of his hatch and returns it to him. You guys were peddling out in the fog, not able to see anything, trying to find the bait grounds, and yet still trying trying to find the person that lost their gear. Thanks for finding and returning the rod Sharon major fish JuJu to you and hope you catch a 50lb yellowtail.

Another thanks to Scallywag for helping me out via PM and motivating me to get my butt off the computer and on the water. You got my blood pumping and I cannot wait to get back out to LJ I look forward to fish with you one of these days.

Now for the report got to the launch at 5am launched into the fog right about 5:45am a newbie mistake on our part since we did not have a GPS. I did have a compass but like a dummy I did not pull it out of my hatch. It took us about 1 1/2 hours just to find the bait grounds lol. I made bait stuck a bunch of sandies and calicos in 90' but they were not the right species so I made a move. I fished hard from morning till 2:20 pm I got one hookup in 120' of water and got owned right about 1:45pm. Another lesson learned for me do not use 30lb line. I wanted to stay to dark but my kayak buddies were hungry and already cracked out. There were 1 other yaker still on the water The Dark Horse you are insane no wonder you always catch monsters.

I did not get the chance to introduce myself to you guys on the water I was on a yellow prowler my name is Jonathan it was a pleasure talking to you guys for a little bit on the water Sharon, The Kid, and Darkhorse. It is awesome watching tru professionals out there I learned a lot just by watching you guys. Kevin you make it look easy, Dark Horse your eyes are always glued to the finder I have seen you out there 3 times you never even look up always staring at that HDS, Sharon you truly just enjoy being out there no matter what, and I am not sure who you are you seemed like the black seabass king your whole crew kept poking fun of you about hooking blacks then what happens you hook another black haha. I am waiting for those pics on your fishing site Keven congrats to your client.

I just wanted to thank all you guys that has helped me out and I look forward to meet the rest of you guys one day. I know I ask a lot of questions but it is just a way I narrow down my learning curve.

ToadsToadsOnly

Go Big or Go Home

Last edited by toadstoadsonly; 11-21-2011 at 02:47 PM.
toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #2
Hypoxic1

Thats one very nice post!

Nice to read about kindness and happiness on the water doing what we love to do!!
Chris
Hypoxic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
lamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadstoadsonly View Post
...and I am not sure who you are you seemed like the black seabass king your whole crew kept poking fun of you about hooking blacks then what happens you hook another black haha. ....
I think I know who that guy is.

Kevin, Sharon, good stuff guys, I bow down.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamb View Post
I think I know who that guy is.

Kevin, Sharon, good stuff guys, I bow down.
haha Adi of course you know who that is! The BLACK magic curse never stopped.
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 PM   #5
RK

Please adi and kevin does his name rhymes with rasmin??
RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #6
lamb

that's what a true friend does - clearing the battlefield

Jasmineeeee baaaaaaah